2,866 results
All reviews art deco historic hotel the palm court carew tower junior suite fountain square observation deck the lower level rooms are small counter space an older hotel heart of downtown valet parking ohio river within walking distance corner room convention center
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Stayed here for the week for a business conference. Unfortunately, the whole area closes up at 6PM and there isn’t much open or people around. That changes on Thursday when there is a band nearby that plays from 7 to 10PM. It’s really loud and if your rooms face the fountain you will no doubt here the music. The front desk said they had ear plugs or bring them just in case.
I used the Hilton App and picked my room the day before and luckily it was available when I checked in early the next day. It appeared clean at first but had a funky smell. I assumed it was from the cleaning products used to clean the room but it also smelled like an odor used to get rid of cigarette smoke.
When you enter the hotel from the street you either have to walk up a huge flight of stairs to the front desk or take an elevator which is out of the way around the corner.
The room was small with a queen size bed and a chair. It would have been crowded if there were two people in the room. The bathroom initially appeared to be clean but upon further review I could see long hairs clinging to the hair dryer. Luckily I didn’t use it. Also the drain in the tub was closed and the faucet seemed to have been dripping because there was a pool of water around the plug.
It wasn’t until I was using the bathroom, which was all white when I happened to glance down at the tub from something that caught my eye. It was a bug walking along the top of the tub. I’m not an expert but it looked like a small roach (see the picture attached). I didn’t bother to call the front desk because I had already unpacked and the room looked ok. I figured if I saw anything else I would definitely call down.
I initially had some trouble adjusting the thermostat until I figured out how to press the up and down arrows (you have to press towards one side until the numbers move. Pressing directly on top of the arrow doesn’t change the temp). After I figure that out the temp in the room was better.
The cleaning person typically did my room early in the morning. I was at a conference so when I came back for the mid-morning break the room was already made up.
As a Hilton Honors member they give you two bottles of water for your stay. I wasn’t told this upon check in and didn’t bother to read the note on the bottles since in big letters it said $3.00 a bottle. The fine print mentioned that you got two bottles per stay. The bottles also looked like they might have been there for a while because they had the “beading” of water at the top of the bottle like they have been in the sun for a while.
I didn’t get room service while I was here but I did get the high speed internet one day. Unfortunately, the high speed internet was slower than the free internet the hotel provides so I ended up getting a credit from the hotel which was nice.
Had I booked a room with two double beds in it I would probably have had a larger room. I thought Hilton upgrades Honor members when the hotel isn’t full and this hotel was not full.
The hotel had some great Art Deco architecture and the doors on the first floor electors were beautiful.
On the lower level of the hotel was a gym that is complimentary for hotel guests. It looked pretty great with lots of equipment. They also have a lap pool and hot tub for guest to use. The pools are only open till 8 but the gym is open 24 hours. The diner on the street level was also good for breakfast and lunch. It too closes early so you couldn’t get dinner here. There’s a Subway sandwich shop and a barber located on the street level if you need it.
Check out was fast and easy. You can check your charges on the TV and either check out there or at the front desk.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Matthew C, Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Dear BBuddy,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing all of your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We apologize to you for the cleanliness issues and the internet speed that you mentioned in your review. Although we do meet Hilton Brand Standards for our internet speeds and bandwidth, we are more than doubling our bandwidth hotel wide within the next 30 days. With the ever increasing demands on internet, we want to be well equipped.

Thank you for your positive comments about our French Art Deco architecture and the 24 hour access Snap Fitness Center within our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed these aspects of your stay.

You also mentioned that you felt that there was a lack of things to do nearby after 6:00pm. We do have a wide variety of restaurants and bars and entertainment venues at Fountain Square (1 block away) and at the Banks (3 blocks away). Also, guests can access the nearby streetcar line for $1 or $2 and have access to all of the exciting nightlife in the Over the Rhine neighborhood as well as access to the Banks and Fountain Square. I sincerely regret that you were not aware of all of the evening activities that our vibrant city has to offer.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope to have another chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

This historic hotel hosted a business convention recently that I attended. I had a single queen room on the 28th floor with a great view of the city. The room was very clean upon arrival and continued to be clean each day of my stay. I really enjoy having a robe during my hotel stays. When I called ahead, I was assured there would be one in my room. But alas, there wasn't. I called guest services and one was cheerfully delivered to me within 10 minutes! The bed was so comfortable (my sleep number is 60-65 for comparison) that I woke up feeling rested each morning. The shower had a nice tall shower head, but could have used a bit more water pressure. As a Hilton Honors member, I had complimentary wi-fi in my room and during the conference. I also enjoyed the two complimentary bottles of water during my stay. There were plenty of good restaurants in the area to chose from as well as 3 options for dining in the hotel. It was a busy weekend with the Flying Pig marathon, but I never waited long for an elevator. Overall, this was a very enjoyable stay and I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Cincinnati area.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Matthew C, Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

May 23, 2017

ireland512

Dear ireland512:

Thank you for the recommendation and excellent review! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the convention held here at the Netherland Plaza. Thank you too for your positive comments on our great location to many downtown dining options as well as three in-house options, comfortable beds helpful staff and also the many amenities offered to our Hilton Honors members. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Cincinnati.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We've stayed at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza many times and have always had a great experience. Our most recent stay was brief.

We ordered some light food from room service which promptly arrived. We later went out for the evening, came back, and left the next morning.

The room was spacious and comfortable. Our only issue is the size of the bathroom. There was no vanity so there's only a small shelf to put anything on. We made sure the toilet lid was always closed because things could easily fall into the toilet. This is typical of the rooms we've stay in there over the years.

We accept that when we stay in this hotel because we love it and have had so many great memories there. We didn't eat at Orchards at Palm Court this time but we have several times before. It is one of our favorite restaurants in Cincinnati. The art deco decor is beautiful and exemplary.

It's an older hotel but comfortable and beautiful and centrally located in downtown Cincinnati.

Room tip: Get a room as high up as possible for the best view. Our corner room had view on two sides. River view is the best.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Matthew C, Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

May 19, 2017

graecellen

Dear Graecellen:

Thank you for your excellent rating on Trip Advisor. We are very happy that you repeatedly enjoy staying at our beautiful, historical, French Art Deco property. Thank you too for your observations about our guestroom bathrooms. As a historic hotel, they are smaller than what you would build today. We have tried in our renovations to make them as efficient as possible and still retain the original look and feel of the guestrooms. Thank you too for sharing that Orchids at Palm Court is one of your favorite restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Netherland Plaza again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

We were in town for the Flying Pig Marathon and had an ABSOLUTELY wonderful stay at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherlands Plaza hotel! Many reason made it a terrific stay, starting with the FANTASTIC hospitality of the employees we had contact with. Two in particular, Priya and Joe, really made an effort to ensure that our stay exceeded expectation. When we checked in, Priya was kind enough to book us in a room with two Queen beds (even though I had reserved the hotel with one Queen). Priya was also SO helpful with great tips on what sights to see in the city. Her bright smile and engaging manner were so welcome. Priya is an asset to your hotel and we were very fortunate to have met her. Joe was also wonderful in assisting us to extend our stay at the same rate we had booked the hotel. Joe's professionalism and his friendly manner were wonderful. Additionally, when we encountered noisy neighbors one night, the hotel staff were so kind to make it up to us with complimentary brunch and sparkling water. The room that we stayed in was spacious with high ceilings and tremendous closet space. The hotel itself is stunning, with beautiful art deco elements throughout. As someone who works out every day, I ABSOLUTELY loved the fitness center. It was HUGE with every piece of equipment imaginable to make anyone's workout fantastic. Overall, I have to give this property my highest rating and recommendation. Again, thank you Priya and Joe for your wonderful hospitality. If my travels ever take me back to Cincinnati, there is only ONE hotel I will stay at -- the Hilton Cincinnati Netherlands!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank DSeth
Matthew C, Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

May 17, 2017

DSeth.

Dear DSeth:

Thank you for the recommendation and excellent review! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for the Flying Pig Marathon. Thank you too for your positive comments on your great location, comfortable guestrooms, large fitness center and helpful staff. We also noted your comments regarding Priya and Joe. We will be sure to recognize them accordingly. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Cincinnati.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

This beautiful art deco is not to be missed. It's a vacation in itself. It has its a businness center framed by art deco. The comportment of the staff makes your feel as though you are stepping back to 1929. The dining room
is an art deco gem and the food is delicious and not heavy. The hotel connects via walkways to Macy's and Saks for shoppers.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

May 17, 2017

Arlene S.

Dear Arlene S:

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the beauty of our Art Deco architecture, helpful staff and delicious food. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.