“Amazing indian food”

Brijmohan Indian Sweets & Rest
Ranked #266 of 2,047 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

A must visit if you are in the city and you love indian food. I have been around for quite sometime and I tried all sorts of cuisines - Italian, Mexican, American, continental,etc. I thought lets go for this place for a sumptuous lunch on a lazy Sunday as it was recommended by many. This place did not disappoint me at all. It is a self service place which serves chaats, main course and some fine indian sweets.
Personally, since I was alone I ended up wasting a lot of food but I would recommend ordering in phases as the delivery is quick. Do not order at once. The main course is served along with rice which makes it all the more heavier for the stomach.
Thumbs up for providing good indian food.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

I've never been to an Indian restaurant before, but, being adventurous, I agreed to try it out when my date suggested it. Since she is fluent in Hindi, she ordered, and then explained what everyone was to me.

The appetizer was a Somosa, which is potato and peas, with various spices, wrapped in a thin dough and fried. It was served with mint chutney, and another type of chutney which was similar to a barbecue sauce. For the main dinner, we had vegetable biryani, choley bhature, and naan bread. The choley bhature was chickpeas with the big poofy bread, and the vegetable biryani was rice, peas, and potatoes with various spices.

The spices could be ordered in varying degrees from one to six, and we ordered ours at two, which was considered to be mild. It was just right for my palate though.

As someone who eats meat nearly every day, eating at a restaurant with only vegetarian options is not something I would normally have done. However, the meal was absolutely delicious and I did not feel that the lack of meat detracted from the dinner in any way. I would definitely dine here again the next time I have the opportunity.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Plenty of options to choose for vegetarians, and I mean plenty. People is very kind and open to help and explain the details of the food. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

We have been looking for a good Indian restaurant in the Cinci area. The only way I can describe Brij Mohan is a cross between self serve and a deli-type place. One starts by choosing the dish or dishes wanted, pays, and waits for the food to arrive. The line moves quickly except for people who, like us, needed some assistance choosing.

A young woman described the various dishes (allergy issues), and we sat down to wait.
Our food came within 5-10 minutes and the portion included a plate of rice, a HUGE piece of bread, and our entree in a small soup bowl.Put the entree (I had Aloo Choley: potatoes and curried chick peas; husband had Rajma Masala: Curried red beans) over the rice or soak the bread in it. Yum!
We couldn't finish our lunch as there was a lot of food. No room for the luscious desserts in the case as we ordered but wow, we didn't know what anything was but they were all amazing-looking sweets.
A helpful note: they ask you what spice level you want from 1-6. We both had a 1 and we thought it was quite spicy. I'd suggest you underestimate how spicy you want it!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Visited Brij Mohan Indian Sweets and Restaurant, Sharonville, Cincinnati, Ohio. Enjoyed food there and also bought sweets. Undoubtedly it was all up to our expectations. I felt that the sitting place is impressively arranged and the service is quite up to the mark. A perfect place to have the taste of Indian foods. We tried Samosa Chaat, Dahi Puri and Choley Bhature alongwith Canned Soda. We plan to make repeat visits to test more of their food and Sweet varieties.