All reviews bank building the concierge lounge aveda products fountain square elevator doors front desk staff within walking distance valet parking nice view of the river beautiful hotel the great american ballpark reds game walk in shower street noise valet service would definitely stay here again an upgrade
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I stayed here in early July when I was in Cincinnati for the Cubs vs. Red series. This hotel is located in an old bank building which you can see some of the bank characteristics in the architecture. It's location is a quick walk to Great American Ballpark (under 10 mins), so super convenient if you are in town attending a game. There is also lots of great restaurants within 2 or 3 blocks from the hotel.

The staff was SUPER friendly and helpful from the valet to bellman to front desk to the bartenders everyone was just superb. When my friend and I arrived our room got upgraded and we were given more like a suite with separate bedroom to a living area room. It was lovely for a 3-night stay to have the extra space. Since Cincy is trying to revive there downtown the price for this hotel is very attractive for this type of hotel in a downtown setting. I would definitely stay here again when in Cincy!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
RenCinDT, Manager at Renaissance Cincinnati Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Yougotmeatvacation,

We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide the best quality service, and to be able to do that for you is wonderful. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Live Life to Discover!
Stephanie Olson, Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2017

This hotel is top notch. It is within walking distance Three blocks to both Joe Brown stadium or the Reds stadium. The food at the bar was good in the evening and the buffet breakfast had lots of selections in the morning. It was a safe area to walk at night back from the game. There is a starbucks next door also

LHPritchard,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our restaurant and the surrounding area. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Cincinnati.

Live Life to Discover!
Stephanie Olson, Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Well located and updated facilities. That's it. Very disappointing service. For a downtown hotel at that price, what you get is not worth. Breakfast is awful, very poor selection. The club lounge is also poor. Very few selections and poor design. Staff has no pantry so they have to cart everything in and out, making a lot of noise.
Cleaning staff needs training. Very poor cleaning of rooms, some days not even collected the trash.
If Management updates the service and training it can improve, as facilities are nice. But so far, stay at the Westing around the corner.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Rohollander
RenCinDT, Manager at Renaissance Cincinnati Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Rohollander,

On behalf of the Renaissance staff, I apologize for the issues you had with the restaurant and housekeeping. I have forwarded your issues to the appropriate departments so we can better serve future guests. If your travels bring you back to Cincinnati soon, please reach out to me directly so I can personally ensure your stay is wonderful.

Best Regards,
Stephanie Olson, Front Office Supervisor
stephanie.olson@renaissancecincinnati.com

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Coming to tripadvisor is always fun, as it helps recall many happy trips, be they for business, pleasure or family functions. 90% of my reviews are five stars, as I enjoy trips.

This property, however, is struggling. I think the central problem is that the management does a poor job of listening to guests. They also do not have command of the technology required to run a hotel, such as keys and signage.

Driving up, there is no place to drop off fellow guests. All the street signs indicate stopping is not legal. I risked a violation and was not cited. Parking was available a block or two away at the Westin, which has a garage at $17 / day.

Entering the hotel, I found a bank of elevators, and proceeded to push the button. They did not light. After a few minutes and several efforts, I found that the elevators did not work, that they were kept for the sake of history. Someone had to tell me; I was too slow to solve the mystery. There were working elevators elsewhere. Signage to that effect would be appreciated.

The room was very dark, making it difficult to put away garments. Further, I wanted a cot. After some argument, one was promised. Later, the front desk called to renege. I asked to speak to the GM, a certain Stephanie. It did not go well.

In a way which was, at the same time, dismissive, blunt and argumentative, I was told to simply refrain from requesting a cot. The specifics of why this was not possible were impossible to determine, as they were vague. Could have been something to do with square footage or passageway widths, perhaps. My impression was that the GM was enjoying exercising power, and did not care to accommodate.

After some thought, I suggested to the GM that she study customer service, primarily in learning to listen to guests instead of moving so quickly to insulting them in conversation. My overall impression was that the GM lacked both training and experience in hospitality. At this writing, I can think of no redeeming quality of this property or its staff.

3  Thank PeterNMI
Reviewed 14 July 2017

My family and I stayed in Cincinnati, at the Marriot Renaissance, on Saturday July 1st, 2017. We chose this location, only because many of the other preferred hotels were without vacancies. However, I am a Marriot Silver Elite member so I have come to respect the Marriot properties as an excellent hotel choice.
We were disappointed in the room assigned. While I recognize the historical age of the hotel exterior, our room window was quite cloudy, dirty and almost appeared as if the seal of the window was in need of replacement as we were unable to see clearly to the downtown skyline. To compound matters the blind and sunshade were broken thus preventing us from opening the RH side window.
No concerns with the HVAC system. The Marriott mattress are top-notch, in my opinion. No concern with the bed or bedding. The room carpet appeared rather worn and weathered.
The bathroom has no exhaust fan. As a result, after four (4) family members showered following a warm afternoon at the MLB Reds baseball game, the bathroom was extremely slippery due to moisture. All fixtures and walls were damp as well. To compound matters, the handle on the shower was very loose on the exterior.
The most disturbing item was a stain (moisture) which appeared on the in-room toilet paper. It appeared to be cleaning solution. This could have caused a harmful issue when used.
We dined that evening at D. Burnham's Restaurant. While the food was average, the waitress seemed very scattered and lacked focus for the tasks at hand.
The front desk staff was average as well. Nothing stands out. The valet and bell-hop staff were actually the most positive item I can point-out. Quick, efficient and attentive.
In summary, based on room rack prices, there are better choices in the downtown Cincinnati area.

1  Thank Scot A

Scot A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of the Renaissance, I apologize for the engineering and restaurant issues you experienced. These issues have been forwarded to the appropriate departments as opportunities to better serve future clients. The next time you're in Cincinnati, please reach out to me directly as I would like the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Best Regards,