“Expensive and just good”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 2,074 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: USD 30 - USD 55
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Transit: There is a Metro bus stop located one block east of the restaurant.
Description: McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant is located at 21 East Fifth Street, directly across the street from Fountain Square, close to Tower Place, the Convention Center & the Aronoff Center for the Arts. McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant serves more than 30 varieties of fresh fish & seafood flown in from both U.S. & international waters, available from menus that change DAILY. In addition to delicious seafood, we serve tempting pasta, poultry & beef specialties, prepared using fresh ingredients & served in a timeless & traditional presentation. We offer a private dining room that can accommodate groups of up to 160 guests. The restaurant provides custom designed menus that offer a variety of options to satisfy every guest.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The food is good, very good even. We had a an oyster app, couple of steaks, a couple of salads and a bottole of wine, cost $200. before the tip. The service was fine. The lighting and atmosphere in genral a little less than what I was hoping. The real problem was that the place was dirty. The little lamp on the table was dirty, the table had the wash rag streaks in it, and then I started to really look around. Not great.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The ribeye was great and cooked perfectly. The asparagus and tomato were also really good. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Yes, it's pricey, but you probably knew that already. I went with five coworkers and my steak was perfectly done. The calamari was impressive as were the salads. My mates told me after that their dinners were subpar, but I can't comment on that as I didn't taste theirs.

The waiter was very engaging and took great care of us, keeping our drinks filled and checking on us (but not too often). I loved my experience there.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is very limited in their seafood offerings.
We had Tuna and it had a lot of gristle. $31 for 2 small pieces of tuna, mashed potatoes and 2 small pieces of greens.
Service was mediocre and wrong food was brought out twice and had to wait a while for correction with no apology.
Not timid to spend the $$$ just want it to be a decent experience.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

In town for work. So hungry after the flight and jumping right into work. Not only familiar with the area. drove by here abbr thought the name sounded cool. didn't have a reservation but they seated is immediately. Our server was knowledgeable and was willing to talk to the chef to accommodate some dietary preferences. The firecracker shrimp was every bit as good as described. The green beans were fresh with a good snap. The scallops were melt in my mouth done right, stiffed shrimp were gilled with small loads off heaven. Couldn't have been happier with this find.