“Delicious falafel.”

Al-Amire Cafe
Ranked #317 of 2,097 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Al-Amir is a tiny little shoebox of a cafe across from the Starbucks on Vine Street. There are maybe a dozen seats so it is a great place to stop by for carryout.
Don't be dismayed if there is a line at the counter (and snaking through the dining space). The food is served up quickly!
I can only attest to the tastiness of the falafel wrap. You get three large balls of falafel in a pita wrap with lettuce, tomato, onions and tzatziki sauce. It's a decent size for lunch and only $5. I always intend to try something else -- maybe next time, I say. But then I convince myself that the fried falafel is somewhat healthier than chicken or gyro, so I stick with the falafel. I do have it on good authority, though, from a co-worker, that the gyros are very good! Some day I will try it for myself.
Most dishes come with the option of getting a platter - a side of fries, rice, or salad. One of these days I will also try the salad there.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Noticed a big crowd of locals there at lunch so went there to get take away dinner. Low prices. Decent food. Good sized portions.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We ate here while staying at the Hilton Netherlands Plaza. It's right across the street. If you like hummus, baba ganouj, Greek salad, and gyros but don't want to spend a lot of money, come here for dinner. It's just a little family-owned diner, but the food is good.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

In the mood for a change for lunch? Gyros, salads and more will make you glad you ignored a burger. Not gourmet fare, but a tasty break from the fast food rut. I get a salad, and they add gyro meat for me (and a little extra $).

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

We were staying at the Westin and ordered delivery through Yelp (the restaurant itself doesn't deliver, but a third party app does). Falafel was great, gyro platter good, and the chicken platter excellent! Do it!