“A good Guinness pour and good food”

Nicholson's Tavern & Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicholson's Tavern & Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Scottish, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th
Description: Located in downtown Cincinnati across from the Aronoff Center, Nicholson’s is a restaurant and bar serving fine food and drink in a genuine Scottish tavern setting. Taking inspiration from the public houses found throughout Great Britain, our goal is to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and a brilliant dining experience. In addition to high-quality food, we offer a wide variety of beer, wine, bourbon, craft cocktails and feature one of the best selections of single malt scotch whiskies in the area.
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Always on the lookout for a good Guinness, and this place knows how to do it! Billed as a Scottish Pub, the atmosphere is set as soon as you walk in: all the servers are wearing kilts! A beautiful long wooden bar sits at centre stage, with booths and tables all around. Food is traditional pub fare: shepherd's pie, bangers and mash, fish 'n chips, etc. Everything I've had so far was tasty and delicious. Also a very good selection of whiskies, Scotches, and bourbons (even had a Red Breast 12, one of my favourite Irish whiskies!).

There are newer reviews for Nicholson's Tavern & Pub

Reviewed 14 September 2016

We enjoyed a pre-concert meal on a Saturday evening. Service was good and we were able to get in and out on our restricted timeline. I had a nice house salad to start--it was very good with plump dried cranberries and thin, fish apple slices. My entree was the shrimp linguini--a modest portion that had excellent flavor and the shrimp, though small, we're not overlooked. My husband had the fish and chips. I thought the fish portion was thin but he said it was okay. We splurged on desserts--cheesecake and a toffee pudding--both were excellent.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Great location, food, drinks, staff, and prices. This is a Scottish pub with a huge selection at the bar. The waitstaff are in kilt uniforms and are very attentive and friendly. My lamb burger was cooked exactly right and the fresh made chips delicious. The fish tacos were the special and my husband loved them. We had the toffee pudding for dessert. Creamy and not too sweet. Great value!

Reviewed 11 September 2016

Stopped in here on a Saturday night while in Cincy, its an interesting place....a Scottish/Irish/English pub. Nice selection of beers on tap and bottles. I didn't order food but guy sitting next to me had Shepherd's Pie - it looked good and he said it was good. Prices were reasonable, service good. A good option if you are staying downtown and want a quick bite or just want to hang out and have a few drinks.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed the fish & chips with fries & slaw very much! Husband thought the lamb burger was just okay. Daughter enjoyed the buffalo chicken and mac & cheese. Service was pretty good. Very nice atmosphere. Convenient location.