“Surprisingly Disappointing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Mount Adams
Reviewed 10 September 2015

We were here this evening. First of all, I asked for a glass of wine and was told they had no wine! How can a "tavern" not have any wine???? The explanation given by the waitress was completely ridiculous. We then ordered a bucket of bottled beer and it wasn't cold. On the menu, it states that burgers are one half pound. When the waitress brought my boyfriend's burger, it appeared to be more like one quarter pound.......if that. My suggestion for anyone looking for a place to dine in Mt. Adams would be to go anyplace but here.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I stopped there today for lunch, because we had a 1/2 price coupon. The service was very slow, and the food was mediocre at best. And...They were out of tater tots?? We will not be returning. That is a shame, they have a great location, and a nostalgic building, but the food is cheap for a reason....

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stopped here with my group while we were out barhopping for the evening. We were celebrating my best friend's bachelorette party and this place was the start of our evening. It turns out we were actually a little early and the band was still setting up. These bartenders couldn't make drinks at all. Not to mention you get a small plastic cup for your beverage and then get charged $5-$7 for it. All 6 of us were completely disgusted with the drinks they made us. I ordered a sex on the beach and after one sip, I couldn't stomach another. The bride got a rum and coke and had trouble getting it down. One of the bartenders actually gave us a free shot and it was nasty, nasty nasty!!! I thought it tasted like a mojito gone wrong. We were talking with the bartender about what was in it and he was like, "I just made it up". One of the bridesmaids dared to buy another shot called a jolly rancher, but that was just as bad and tasted like cough syrup. We ended up leaving after that. The bar tenders were really nice to look at, but their drinks were absolutely disgusting.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Had lunch here served by a very frazzled waitperson. She seemed to be the only employee working and there were only a couple of tables occupied. After things calmed down and she got her bearings things went a bit smoother. We couldn't figure out how they made the delicious Mac and cheese balls but they were very good, crispy on the outside oozy and cheesy on the inside. The roasted beet salad was way too sweet but the reports were good on the meatball sliders and Cobb salad. This neighborhood is so quaint I can't imagine why bars and pubs seem to be the only type of restaurants available.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Apparently this establishment is under new ownership, and that seems to be the problem. We drove there to see a local band that we like. The place has potential and has enough room for a large crowd. The band was excellent and had a decent crowd. People kept coming and going since it was a Saturday night and there are allot of options for a younger crowd. However people kept coming back to this location because of the band. Half way thru the last set, the new "management" had the band stop in the middle of a song. It appeared there was a converstaion and apparently the band was fired due to the amount of people in the bar. This certainly wasn't the bands fault since the other establishments weren't completely packed either. It was just an average night in Mt. Adams. Once the band stopped playing, everyone left for another place. And after speaking with some staff, apparently the new "management" has a problem with the way he talks to patrons and staff. It is a shame since the place has a good reputation and potential. I will not be back until there is a management change. There are too many options to deal with abnoxious and clueless owners. Good luck.

1  Thank Imprepared