“One word AMAZING ”
Review of Phoenix

Phoenix
Reserve with OpenTable
Phoenix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #428 of 2,068 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: USD 9 - USD 34
Cuisines: American, German, Italian
Dining options: Private Dining
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Specialties Restaurant ~ Private Dining ~ Catering ~ Banquets ~ Weddings ~ Receptions ~ Business Meetings & Seminars ~ Special Events Our History The Phoenix was built in 1893, and is Cincinnati's finest example of Italian renaissance architecture. It was originally known as The Phoenix Club, the first Jewish Businessmen's organization in this region of the country. The architect was the renowned Samuel Hannaford, best known for his design of Music Hall, and also the architect for other great Cincinnati landmarks such as City Hall, St. George Church in Clifton, and the building that is now The Cincinnatian Hotel.
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

As my husband so not eloquently said "every time someone does not dine here, God drowns a Puppy"...but really this place is wonderful and we do feel people who chose not to dine here are missing out on a wonderful gem in the Cincinnati area. The Chef's tasting menu with wine selection is the way to go. The level of service is close to perfect! I really recommend you dine here!

2  Thank mtemple1106

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

The Phoenix is perhaps one of the best hidden architectural gems in the city of Cincinnati. It's location is not ideal and I think it is why it struggles to stay open under the same management consistently.

We ate at what is now called The Presidents Room at 7pm on a Saturday night. The main dining area was nearly empty and the attire was an eclectic mix of formal to jeans and camouflage. A far cry from the suggested sport coat and tie standard when I held my wedding rehearsal dinner here 18 years ago.

My wife ordered the Steak and Eggs at $39. It was barely edible. The meat was overcooked on the outside and raw internally. I had the Chicken Spaetzel. It was phenomenal. Our friends meals were also sub-par.

The service was friendly and they were one of the few high points of the experience.

As much as I want to love this restaurant I don't think I would go back. There are too many other contenders nearby.

3  Thank cincygumdoc
Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is a review of the restaurant at the Phoenix, The President's Room.

This is simply one of my favorite places to eat in Cincinnati. It is a wonderful place for a full dinner, but hands down this is the best Happy Hour since my favorite closed in Louisville (RIP St. Charles Exchange). Happy hour is usually from 5-7pm, and offers a robust listing of discounted cocktails, draft beers, and wine as well as discounted appetizers. I live in Northern Kentucky and it is a quick trip over the bridge, and I have never had trouble finding a parking spot. The restaurant is formal, with the bar being ever so slightly less but still romantically moody with hazy lighting and a large wood bar filled with old wine bottles. The staff is always delightful and friendly, and not in an annoying way.

I don't know what else I can say about their appetizers, other than they are deliciously mouth watering. My favorite is the Sour Kraut Balls. The cocktails are always artfully put together, and they make one of my favorite old-fashioned I've had (lived in Louisville, so I'm picky about my bourbons). I've found that I enjoy their cocktails because they aren't too pretentious or gimmicky. We are so happy that we found this place, it makes us feel like home!

1  Thank Claire M
Reviewed 4 February 2017

We enjoyed the Cincy Winter Blues Fest at the Phoenix and really enjoyed the beautiful halls, great place to have concerts.

1  Thank Sheila C
Reviewed 19 November 2016

visiting Cinci, and looking for a place for dinner for a group of 6 from three continents. took a chance on The President's Club, mostly because it was open and in walking distance from the convention center. the fact that it was almost empty almost threw us off, assuming that meant it might not be good. but every food item, every drink -- it was all fantastic. service was amazing also. really, our entire group couldn't stop talking about what a find this was.