All reviews eden park toilet room close to downtown shower area breakfast is served separate rooms cardio machines front desk staff art museum parking charge large tv desk area recommend this hotel pull out couch free breakfast nice hotel next morning
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We have family that has stayed at this location previously and raved about it. We travelled to Cincinnati for my nephew's graduation from Xavier this past weekend. It is safe to say that we will be looking at other options when we return to the area. While the rooms were sufficient, it was the service (and the failed air conditioning) that we can't overlook. From having to go up to the desk four times for get new room keys (deprogrammed for no reason at all, even sitting on a desk), to only having our room cleaned two of the four days we were there, to having to wedge a suitcase next to the fan unit to stop the rattling in the middle of the night, the frustration factor was quite high. Overhearing a supervisor berate cleaning staff one afternoon for not going faster is one thing - having them not even make it to our room twice in those four days is another. And the lack of any real response from the front desk folks was quite disappointing. I'm not sure why hotels such as this one think that they can provide such a poor level of service and expect that folks flock back for visits in the future, but i do know that a one-and-done type of experience such as this shouldn't bode well for the future of this establishment. At least the Fruit Loops were fresh....

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank puckhead510
Richhendrix , General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Puckhead510,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We do apologize for the air conditioning issue, it was one that took much longer to fix than we could have anticipated. I would also like to address the housekeeping situation, we are working with a newer staff, and we have had some issue which we are working on to improve that area of the business. Unfortuantely during this period of time we have issues such as yours, and we continue to try and work them out sooner than later. I apologize if any of our staff was rude or unprofessional to you, and want you to know we don't rest until we get it right. Thank you again for your comments.

Rich Hendrix

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Stayed for 3 nights for a business trip. Room was a little sterile but had decent amenities. The shuttle to the casino was convenient. The staff was polite and breakfast was a bonus. Overall, I would recommend staying here considering value for the money.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2018

This hotel is 15 minutes from where my wife and I live. We took our four grandchildren their for a night out, they can't wait to do it again. Very clean hotel, it is a few years old but still looks like it is new. Nice pool and breakfast area, very friendly staff. The underground parking garage was especially nice since the Cincinnati area had a heavy snow this morning.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We, (husband, son, and myself) stayed here for one night on our whirlwind Spring Break visit a bunch of universities in the Midwest road trip. Our room with two queen beds and a sitting area was very accommodating for our party of 3. We favor rooms that have queen-sized over full-sized and also favor two beds over a bed plus sofa bed type sleeping situation.

I most appreciated the fact that the bathroom facilities were split into two rooms, with a stand alone shower and cabinet style sink in one room and a toilet and pedestal style sink in another. This made the whole teenaged child with two parents traveling situation morning go much smoother than the typical bathroom with the toilet and the shower in the same room.

The oversized hotel room with something of a divider between the sitting area and the bed area was also very helpful for a party of 3. It's helpful not only for creating more private but open areas for ease of getting dressed but also just having a decent place to sit and hang out that isn't sitting on the bed.

I also appreciated the easy access to the hotel from the freeway and ability to get to the university easily without having to get onto the freeway. I thought the parking charge was unnecessary as the parking lot wasn't anything special and the front desk said that the other building on site was no longer occupied and even the parking spots marked for that building were available to use.

As I'm learning about the Springhill Suites brand, the breakfast was above average in variety and selection.

As a Gold member, we took advantage of the late check out option and found it very easy to come back to the hotel after our university touring to gather our belongings and check out. It was that easy and close to drive back and forth from the university. (University of Cincinnati)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I Ubered to Vine Street to go to the Carew Tower which is another story but for $4 a must see. At any rate, when I attempted to Uber back to the hotel my phone was not functioning correctly thus resulting in me walking back. From Vine St. (Downtown) back to the hotel was less than 2 miles. It was great since I had my Step counter on. The walk was not that rigorous. I will note that I made the walk at 5;00 pm on 2/28/2018 so it was still daylight. I would not make the walk in the dark. Long story short...Hotel- great price, great location- Uber was less than $10.00 to Vine but if your phone stops working---less than 2 mile walk to downtown. Continental breakfast good but area to eat kind of crowded! There is a park across the street.

Room Tip: My room faced the interstate and the BIG hill on the other side of the interstate. Did not hear any traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business