Open today: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Review Highlights
If you are into visiting a basilica this is a gem to enjoy

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from USD 45.00
from USD 69.00
from USD 18.00
More Info
All reviews stained glass wood carvings notre dame in paris awe inspiring pipe organ rose window visiting hours across the river take your breath away worth a visit answer questions cincy area self guided great history high school walk around guided tour
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

There was a delightful and knowledgeable docent at the basilica to answer our questions on the day of our visit She suggested a visit on a Sunday for the 10 o'clock mass to hear the magnificent pipe organ and choir, however we thoroughly enjoyed sitting there quietly taking in the splendor of this basilica which through smaller is breathtakingly beautiful as those I have visited in Europe. Take a few moments and refresh your soul.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Inside and outside are breathtaking. The stained glass Rose window is beautiful. Services are still held here. Easter Sunday is full of pomp and ceremony.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

I am not Catholic but I cried like an infant when I entered this place- s holy, so magnificent, so warm. Words even escape me here...I cannot begin to explain this...If you have not visited Paris and Notre Dame, go to the Basilica. It is like stepping back in time. The holiness of this place is awe inspiring...SIGH. LOVE!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

This is a most beautiful church. The stain glass window is something to behold. Make sure you see the tabernacal in the chaple off of the main sanctuary it is stunning. It makes you feel you are in a great Cathedral in France or Italy. A must see,

Reviewed 31 August 2018

it is a very impressive building and if you are catholic you can enjoy a mass. Look as a fairy tale church as the once on Disney movies.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Planned our trip a few months ago. Upon arriving, it was closed for repairs. When I called they said I must have overlooked it on the website. It was planned a few months ago, so I didn't look at the website. An "I'm sorry" would have been nice.

1  Thank Live2Clog
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Yes, it really is like a smaller scale Notre Dame! My wife and I visited Notre Dame last year. We attended Sunday morning Mass and were grateful to have been there. We are Nazarene, but were not made to feel unwelcome in any way. The priests sermon about and faith and tragedy was absolutely applicable to our lives. The reverence and order of a Catholic Mass is truly something special. Back to the structure, it was wonderfully maintained and respectfully updated and outfitted to retain the beauty of its nearly 1000 year old forebear. It took me 10 minutes to find the speakers I knew I was hearing, they blended in so well! Visit the Cathedral, yes, but go for Mass as well, even if you aren't of Catholic faith. There is much to appreciate!

3  Thank James K
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Just revel in the stained glass or fine sculptures, walk the stations of the cross, take a tour or check the schedules for 1 of the many concerts that reverberate throughout the hallowed structure. Great history that offers a peaceful break from the everyday doldrums.

1  Thank Carrie O
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Free to visit. Parking and entrance is to the left of the church. We were welcomed in and were able to take pictures in most areas. The church has been opened since 1901. If you're in the area it worth a visit.

1  Thank Re1977
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I enjoyed visiting this beautiful Catholic church in Covington, Kentucky across the Ohio River from Cincinnati, Ohio on Tuesday, May 8, 2018.

Visitors enter through the north entrance during visiting hours. There is no charge to tour it, and a nicely done free brochure that tells about the church is located just inside the entrance where a greeter sits. I made a small donation, but one was not requested.

The greeter patiently answered several questions from me and a friend who accompanied me on my visit. Though the tour was self-guided, the greeter pointed out some specific items of interest. She also pointed out a few places where visitors were not permitted to go.

The greeter stated that the largest stained glass window in the church is apparently the second largest stained glass window in the world. That window and the other stained glass windows are impressive.

The wood carvings, columns, statues, etc., also make it an impressive facility. And I saw not one but two pipe organs.

The statues include one of Jesus, one of Joseph, one of Mary, and one of Mary holding Jesus. The artwork, including pieces depicting the stations of the cross, is impressive, too.

The church's magnificent, ornate exterior design adds to the beauty of the structure. And, since I was with a friend, I did not take time to walk around to the south side of the exterior of the building, where much more beauty apparently awaits.

I highly recommend persons in the area seek to take time to visit this church and admire its magnificence.

I rode a TANK bus to the church. There is a bus stop near the church.