“Beautiful 100 year old Gothic Cathedral”

Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption
Ranked #3 of 199 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: A gothic cathedral that has a design similar to Notre Dame in Paris.
Reviewed 8 May 2016

I have visited many Cathedrals in Europe and this rivals many of them! The stained glass windows and arches are fascinating. And don't forget to check out the gargoyles!! There was a guided tour on Sunday after the 10:00 Mass. Very informative and interesting!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"sunny day"
"northern kentucky"

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Did not even know about this until checking on Trip Advisor. This cathedral is beautiful. Probably the most beautiful stained glass I have ever seen (and so much if it). We were delighted that someone was rehearsing on "one" of the 3 organs they have. There are mosaics that are breathtaking. Wood carvings that are amazing. I understand that through Aoril they often have free concerts on Sundays. I would love the opportunity to visit during that time . This is an architectural gem

1  Thank EnquiringMinds
Reviewed 8 April 2016

The first time, we just stumbled on this Basilica by accident. It was so beautiful that I brought my daughter to visit this time. I understand it has the world's largest story mural in stained glass, imported from Germany (if I remember right). Walk around the gardens to the back to see the flying buttresses. It is unusual to see something this magnificent in our country. Don't miss!!!!

Reviewed 21 March 2016

Beautiful old catholic church with lots of history. Breathtaking stain glass windows and great architecture. Off the beaten path but worth the trip.