“A must see - incredible!”

Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption
Ranked #3 of 155 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: A gothic cathedral that has a design similar to Notre Dame in Paris.
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Did not even know about this until checking on Trip Advisor. This cathedral is beautiful. Probably the most beautiful stained glass I have ever seen (and so much if it). We were delighted that someone was rehearsing on "one" of the 3 organs they have. There are mosaics that are breathtaking. Wood carvings that are amazing. I understand that through Aoril they often have free concerts on Sundays. I would love the opportunity to visit during that time . This is an architectural gem

Date of experience: April 2016
"great history"
"high school"
"walk around"

Reviewed 8 April 2016

The first time, we just stumbled on this Basilica by accident. It was so beautiful that I brought my daughter to visit this time. I understand it has the world's largest story mural in stained glass, imported from Germany (if I remember right). Walk around the gardens to the back to see the flying buttresses. It is unusual to see something this magnificent in our country. Don't miss!!!!

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed 21 March 2016

Beautiful old catholic church with lots of history. Breathtaking stain glass windows and great architecture. Off the beaten path but worth the trip.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 14 January 2016

We stumbled upon this church as we were driving around. We went in and we were so glad to be able to join up with a tour. The detailed woodwork and tile is just amazing. Next time we will go for Mass just to sit and look at it all and take it in. Just amazing.

Date of experience: February 2015
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 January 2016

I was absolutely awestruck upon entering the cathedral. The stained glass windows brought tears to my eyes. I was SO moved that I shared my experience with family members at my step sons wedding in September urging them to visit. Nearly 15 made the time to see this marvel and ALL were as impressed and awestruck as I was. You will NOT be disappointed!

Date of experience: August 2015