“Rustic German Fare”
Review of Bauer Farm Kitchen

Bauer Farm Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Bauer Farm Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #265 of 2,069 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Description: At Bauer Farm Kitchen, we believe in letting the ingredients speak for themselves.Using only high quality,locally sourced,and organic ingredients,Chef Rouse reconstructs a missing foodie culture that has been absent from Cincinnati's culinary world for far too long.The rotating seasonal menu creates a comfortable,yet thought provoking approach to the minimal and traditional cooking methodologies.
Reviewed 16 September 2017

My wife and I recently dined at Bauer as part of a large group. For our mains as part of a prix-fixe menu , I ordered the short rib and my wife ordered the tuna. The short rib was cooked perfectly and very delicious. I thought the tuna was a bit over cooked but still very good. The blackberry strudel for dessert with house made ice cream was very good, as well. The restaurant is in the basement of the building and has a very nice bar. Overall, it was a very good dining experience.

Management response:Responded 19 September 2017

Thank you for your positive review! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

First time visit, two tables are outside, remainder of restaurant downstairs, nicely decorated, good menu, we had Berliner schnitzel which was well prepared and quite tasty. They do the light pour routine for your 1st glass of vino then a better portion for glass number 2. $11 for a glass of cab. I'd return.

Management response:Responded 12 September 2017

Thanks for stopping in to see us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had a date night to Bauer. We started with the meat charcuterie which had fantastic meat preparations paired with pickled veggies and homemade sauces. I'm not doing it justice. The server, Patrick, was knowledgeable and offered an explanation for some of the words I didn't understand in the menu.
Our main courses were delicious beyond words. I had the Short Ribs and my husband had the Berliner (spell check) Schnitzel. Both were paired with an egg noodle prepared two ways to compliment the dishes we each had.
We finished our night with a strudel paired with ice cream. Everything was so delicious. We couldn't stop thinking about what we would try the next time we came back.
Thanks for everything Patrick!

Management response:Responded 5 September 2017

Thank you so much for your positive review. Looking forward to having you back in Bauer soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Since moving to Cincinnati 3 years ago, my wife and I have been surprised that there are really no good German restaurants in town. Bearing in mind that this is an upgrade on classic German cuisine, and not the classic cuisine itself, I think Bauer Farm Kitchen solves the problem of where to go if we want German, plus adding some interesting French influence as well. It has a discernable farm to table emphasis that came through in the quality of ingredients.

We went with a group of 5 to celebrate my in-laws wedding anniversary. The staff was great in acknowledging our special occasion, very knowledgeable in the menu and made great recommendations. My wife and I shared the Octopus Terrine - it was super creative and delicious. I had the Dry-aged Berkshire Pork Chop which was the best pork dish I've had in several years. The fava beans on the side were flavorful and vibrant. The chop itself is big and I am looking forward to finishing it for lunch tomorrow. My wife gave me a bite of her Sauerbraten Short Ribs and it is a great upgrade on the classic German dish.

My in-laws went for the two different types of Schnitzel and seemingly enjoyed them very much. My vegetarian daughter was very happy with the Ratatouille. The onion soup and spaetzli gratin were consumed with relish. To finish off, we ordered and shared each of the four desserts on the menu that evening. Lovely!

Patrick our waiter was personable, knowledgeable and attentive without hovering. This is not a cheap night out but I do not agree with some of the other reviewers that the price and portion sizes were disproportionate. In short, we'll be back soon to explore more of the menu and I recommend you do so soon, as well.

Management response:Responded 30 August 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback and kind words. Hopefully we will see you back at Bauer soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

The place is beautiful and amazing! Super clean and neat as a pin. The staff is fabulous and knowledgeable about the menu. Food comes out looking fantastic. I loved the chief plate. My family loved all of their meals.

Management response:Responded 30 August 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback and for choosing to spend your special day with us. Hope to see you back at Bauer soon!