Open today: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Interesting Visit

Lots of information about pieces and some interactive activities here and there for the kids. Also... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
bsarah923
Cincinnati, Ohio
Something new to experience each time I visit~

We became members this past year & it has added such joy to our typical weekdays. I've been going... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Twinkie95
Cincinnati, Ohio

Recommended experiences in and around Cincinnati
from USD 27.00
from USD 18.00
from USD 49.00
from USD 30.00
More Info
All reviews eden park free admission van gogh tiffany glass terracotta warriors terrace cafe special exhibit rookwood pottery permanent collection gift shop nice collection scavenger hunt general admission on display traveling exhibits beautiful building mt adams
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Great range in the collection. Many activities for children. I particularly enjoyed the Asian art, contemporary pieces, and upscale food in the Terrace cafe - check out the bunny wall!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We’ve been a few times, each time during a family oriented event. The CAM hosts story time each Wednesday at 11:30 and the last Wednesday each month there is an event for little ones between 10-12. There are also family events on Saturday and Sunday at 2. We’ve really enjoyed the Wednesday events so far, and both kids enjoy the REC room.
We’ve never been through the entire museum, but it holds a wide-variety of paintings, sculptures, and other features. It’s tough to look at everything with a 3 year old! Mine has no patience.
I’d really enjoy strolling through it on my own, or with the big kid.
It’s free to visit; parking is free as well!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Checking local points of interest off slowly since we retired to Kentucky, a rainy Tuesday took us the the Cincinnati Art Museum. I have since then returned twice. Who knew??? This museum is huge!~ and has some fabulous collections. There are also often special exhibits. The Albrecht Durer exhibit drew us in. In my excitement, I grabbed a neighbor and returned to share our discovery and to have lunch in the cafe. The cafe was more than I had anticipated. From the outside, it almost resembles a cafeteria. The dining experience itself, anything but that. The food~delicious and the menu had a great variety of choices. Did I mention they also serve beer and wine? Definitely go. There is NO CHARGE! (for the museum)

Date of experience: February 2018
2  Thank RosemaryK156
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Liking for a place is not absolute but contextual. Midwest is not known for art collection. So when you come across an art gallery that houses Picasso and Vincent van Gogh, you certainly develop a liking for it. This art gallery showcases some decent collection of European, Middle Eastern, Asian, and American art. The layout is not as convenient as some major art galleries around the world so you might need some help from ushers if you are visiting for the first time and trying to find a piece of work from the artist you admire. It is definitely worth a visit if you’re in Cincy.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Always a delight! The exhibits are always great, but frankly my favorite part is just to sit and take in historic beauty of this gorgeous place. Amazing.

Date of experience: June 2017