Comfort Inn Northeast
ComfortInn
USD 175*
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites(Cincinnati)(Great Value!)
USD 112*
  • Breakfast included
USD 246*
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewskings islandroom was cleanfront deskthe breakfast arearefrigerator and microwavetennis tournamentnight's sleepwould stay againhot breakfasttub showerking bedan older hotelcincinnati zoocoffee makercerealpillowsinterstate
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Arriving at 4:20pm, and checking in, we made our way to the room. a LARGE black garbage bag had been left in the hallway - no one remotely nearby -- it remained there til after 5pm.

before continuing, I should note I got a phone call from a man who was very rude at 11am since the room was in my name, that the hotel was sold out. Since the room wasn't held with a card (no one asked me for one when I made the original reservation), they would only hold it til 6pm - he did NOT ask if he could take my card number to ensure my reservation in case we hit traffic on the way.

Before setting the luggage in the room, I checked the beds as we've all been advised to do due to the bedbug epidemic in the US - (I am not taking chances, I check EVERY place I stay). This is where problems started.

The mattresses were about 1" from the wall. because of this, before I even lifted up the mattress to inspect, I see -- on the box spring - crumbs and hair. I called this to the attention of the front desk of this SOLD OUT HOTEL ... who at first offered to come clean the room then suddenly suggested, instead they'd put me in another room, and give this room to someone else who is checking in later. Inferring I was just being picky and difficult - that someone else would take it as-is. No. I liked the room number -- it had a 13 in it. At that time - I just wanted them to know what I found. It may have been a fluke it was missed, after all..

When I went in to take a shower, I pulled the shower curtain closed and start the water, I look up - there's a WET WASHCLOTH on the shower curtain rod!! EW! BIO-HAZARD!! I don't know where that cloth has been!!! I certainly wasn't touching it! Call THAT to the attention of the desk - and was reminded (in a snotty tone) "we OFFERED you another room!!" (in this SOLD OUT HOTEL!!) I told them I wanted to speak with the manager, and they said "ok" I gave them my cell phone number - and proceed to wait. ... and wait. ... no call. When I inquired again, I was informed the manager had left before 4pm. Lovely.

When we returned from our outing, I noted as I closed the drapes that the light seemed to be casting a strange shadow on the pleats - upon closer inspection - I could clearly see it was DUST!!! A LOT - ... of dust! Wow. Just wow. No sense in calling *that* to anyone's attention - there is no management, clearly - at least none that acts on problems.

..I expected more for $109 + tax

My take on this is -- I couldn't, in good conscience move to another room -- not when they said they'd just give this one (as is) to someone who was checking in later ... it CLEARLY needed better cleaning, and the staff had already left for the day.

Travelers should know they need to check more than just the beds here.

Room Tip: ALWAYS ALWAYS check the bathroom for left behind laundry -- drapes for dust (especially if you're allergic) the maids SUCK here
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank BrandieRenae
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Nice clean hotel, bug free. Very close to Kings Island. Outdoor pool was nice, great breakfast, beds comfortable, spacious rooms. They offer laundry at this facility. There is free internet with a printer. In the lobby you can purchase snacks and drinks, the kids loved this option. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Chl0e01
Reviewed 5 July 2011

The hotel was not bad the only problem we had was they didn't get to cleaning our room on our second day there until 3:45 pm.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We didn't need a lot from a hotel ... clean, quiet (of course that depends on the other guests), decent beds/pillows, auto thermostat control, refrigerator, and oh no evidence of bed bugs. We experienced all that plus a very professional front desk staff at night and day. Maybe there's been a management change since the time of the poor reviews? I personally couldn't get over the incredible value of a room priced in the 60's so close to a major amusement park.
I will plan to stay again if I ever make a return trip to visit the park.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CSG911
Reviewed 26 May 2011

This hotel is located one highway exit away from Kings Island and offers great value. There is a microwave and fridge in the room and everything else you would need. The lobby has two computers you can use without charge if you need internet and the hotel has a good complimentary breakfast which includes hard boiled eggs, waffles, bagels, cereal, coffee, juice and more. The rooms were clean and are interior access so are very safe.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo