other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Polly B
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“NOT WHAT WE EXPECTED”
Reviewed 27 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

We didn't like the road, wouldn't like to walk around there. We didn't like the apartment/studio, to us it wasn't an apartment. The bed, sitting area and kitchen were in same room so more of a bedsit. Wasn't very inviting. There was a 'flu' pipe running along the ceiling of the room, there was dirty crockery in the sink. Wasn't what we expected. Didn't stay there as didn't feel comfortable although we were throwing away nearly £500. Booked into a hotel which was cheaper and nice. Paid for apartment but Trip Advisor, who I discussed the experience with, and owner of accommodation, did not offer any compensation. Have learned a lesson. On the positive side, there seemed to be good places to eat, etc very near but a long walk from the sports Stadiums. Do your research better than we did, to check it is for you. Note: we are well travelled and have never experienced this before and never given a bad review ever.

Date of stay: October 2016
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: Area and undesirable bedsit
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
27 Oct 2016
I've been renting my place on other sites for 3 years and never had a bad review...so this is a first! and a surprise! Polly never once contacted me and I didn't find out that there even was an issue until 2 days after their stay was completed from TripAdvisor asking for a refund. I pride myself on always accommodating my guests and would have corrected this if I was at the least told there was a problem in the first place.
My recommendation is COMMUNICATE and at least let your host know there is something your unhappy with. Also, my home is very accurately represented in the photos. So I don't understand how there was any confusion.
Also, that is not a "flu pipe" running along the ceiling, that is the Central Air Conditioning duct work. It is very en vogue for it to be exposed.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
USDUSD
Australia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.