“Great Old-style Drive-in”

Cuisines: Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Sometimes you just want a real old-school drive-in burger and fries. That's what you get here. The real deal.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

I used to eat here when I was in high school and college, many years ago,. Back then, they were famous (at least regionally) for their great burgers and shakes, and also the odd drinks, like "scotch & soda." I noticed they still have that on their menu. If you go to the drive-through here, be prepared to be blasted out of your car seat by the PA/speaker system. Yikes! This time I ordered a double cheeseburger and a peanut butter & chocolate shake. A disappointment all around. They didn't even put two slices of cheese on the burger - just one slice of cheese next to the bun and two patties together in the middle. It wasn't even all the big for the $6.95 cost. Their shakes used to be great - very chocolate-y - but not what I got this time. They are thick, though. At the first sip, I thought "where's the peanut butter" but I could barely taste even the chocolate. A small ("shorty") shake is reasonably priced, but there was almost no taste to what I got. What a letdown.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Heard a lot about the burgers, so my son and I got burgers and fries for the 5 of us. First off they forgot the bacon on 2 of our burgers, added onions to one that was not suppose to. Fries were good but the onion rings were the frozen type. Not 5 guys and I will not be back.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

If you remember the old time burger joints, where you ordered and ate outside, this will bring back terrific memories.

Add to that the fact that their food is pretty tasty, and you have a clear winner. A bazillion shakes to choose from, traditional burger items, and a few, fun, quirky choices make this a great place to eat.

Our single gripe is that the food takes a little longer to receive then a fast food place, but then it is so much better that it isn't an issue. Just adjust your internal clock to the 1950s and enjoy!

Reviewed 6 January 2017

The kind of a drive through that reminds you of when drive through had good food. Hamburger was hot and fresh, milkshake thick and creamy.