“Good southern eats!”

Ranked #6 of 137 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved this restaurant. It’s in an old home and the food was absolutely delicious. The southern fired chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes were amazing! We also had the chocolate mousse cake too!! Would highly recommend this place to others visiting Vicksburg.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Late lunch at this very delightfull resturant that servers the best Southern Plantation cuisine. Has been featured in Southern Living, Good Morning America and more. Veryquaint ambiance. Best fried chicken I have ever ate, such a wonderful selection of veggies. So hard to make my selection. I finally selected the purplehull peas, okra and tomatoes along with a speciality side of the most amazing fried eggplant with crab sauce I have have every eaten. To go order was a piece of the best coconut cream pie to ever delight my tounge. When in Vicksburg this is an absolute must try place!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We planned to eat elsewhere, but it was Monday and that place was closed, much to our good fortune. Charming old house turned into a restaurant; "plantation food" was excellent; and we visited with other travelers in our dining room, which was one of several.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I took a trip to Vicksburg to see the history of the city. While the we visited Walnut Hills for a Friday lunch stop. This restaurant is located in an old home. The style of the home matches the style of food. I would say this is a place for some good southern cooking. The food and staff were excellent. It is certainly a place that we will go to again.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We loved the fried chicken. The Shrimp and Grits with the pieces of sausage were outstanding. My husband and I were going to split and share our meals and I was so sad to see the shrimp and grits go across the table. The side of green beans was huge and so tasty. Please save room for dessert. It was hard to make a choice. There is a display case of the yummy cakes and pies in the restaurant just inside from the parking lot. Diangelo was our waiter and he was so kind and attentive. The chef has been there for many years and has won awards for her delectable delights. We were sorry the famous banana pudding was not available this evening. I would suggest a sampler of their desserts, too.