Review Highlights
Fun and informative.

Great driving tour. Unfortunately we didn’t have time for the walking tour. Was very informative of... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
John T
Plano, Texas
via mobile
Truly Entertaining

Learning the quirky and intimate details of such a historic town made the history come alive... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
suzannebenedict
Littleton, Colorado

All reviews walking tour ghost tour great tour local history dark side signed up take pictures morgan orbs van sightings camera stories tours enthusiastic doll courthouse
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Morgan took us for a historical tour of Vicksburg - glad I called him since we wanted historical tour, not haunted tour. We found his phone number in a Vicksburg guide in hotel lobby, and was so happy that I did. When I called he indicated he had not intended to do any tours that morning, because he had a large tour at noon for a group from the riverboat docked in Vicksburg that day. But, if we could be ready by 9AM (instead of normal 10AM), he would pick us up at our hotel for the 90 minute tour. We were only a party of 2, so we had Morgan and the whole van to ourselves. Morgan was very knowledgeable and lots of interesting stories. Definitely call him - he is willing to work with you to provide what you want!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The gentleman that gave the tour was a wonderful story teller and professional local historian. We took the walking tour and had a great time. We also grabbed one of his books that proved to be a wonderful guide to the old homes in the area.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This was an interesting walk around the old part of Vicksburg. Our tour guide Morgan, was very informative. We heard stories about the old courthouse, the old city jail and a few of the old homes in the area that we would have never known about had we not taken this tour. You have the opportunity to stop and take pictures. There are places to sit and rest a minute along the way, some of the walking is slightly up hill, we each brought a bottle of water but we should have brought bug spray! Mosquitoes can be quite Annoying! Overall, it was a good tour. I’ve been going to Vicksburg for years and I saw places on this tour that I didn’t know existed!

Reviewed 14 April 2018

I booked a Haunted Vicksburg Tour for my husband and myself. The woman to whom I spoke told me that the van would pick us up behind the Cracker Barrel Restaurant at 7:45PM. When we arrived there, we were surprised to learn that we were the only people on the tour. I really appreciated this because of having had a similar tour canceled on us in Galena, Illinois an hour before it was scheduled to begin due to the fact that they'd only booked the two of us. I thought it was great that Morgan Gates, the guide, gave just the two of us the tour. He did not skimp, either. He drove us to four locations. We learned about the hauntings of Baer House, the Cedar Grove Mansion, and the Doll & Toy Museum, just to name a few. Even as he drove, Mr. Gates pointed out places and told us of their history and their haunts. We learned a lot about the history of the area as well. Mr. Gates was just chockful of fascinating stories and information about the area. He is a wonderful presenter. We were both very impressed. I'd recommend this tour to anyone--it was great fun!

5  Thank tks617
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Really enjoyed our "spooky" introduction to local Vicksburg history!The Ghostwalk through downtown with our tour guide Morgan Gates was very informative, even for the skeptical! A few people in our group discovered mysterious orbs or shadows on photographs taken during the tour, and the rest of us discovered lots of interesting facts about the history of Vicksburg (and a few places to come back and visit on our own later!).

A couple of hints if you go: be sure to bring bug repellent: even though our walk was early in the spring, the weather had been warm, and the mosquitoes were out! Also, a small flashlight might be advisable as well: although the tour is on paved streets and sidewalks, it can be quite dark in some places, and our flashlights came in handy!

All in all, it was a nice way to learn about an area, and we would definitely go again!

2  Thank GlassInMS