Review Highlights
Daytime Tour

Morgan shared great stories and history of Vicksburg. We went by bus and got out for a few stops... read more

Reviewed 20 October 2018
julietc503
Little River, South Carolina
via mobile
Fun and informative.

Great driving tour. Unfortunately we didn’t have time for the walking tour. Was very informative of... read more

Reviewed 15 October 2018
jft158
Plano, Texas
via mobile

All reviews walking tour great tour ghost stories our tour guide dark side wonderful story teller local history minute tour signed up great stories take pictures a lot of fun morgan orbs van camera storyteller
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

On a very chilly night, Morgan Gates gave us shivers! He is such a good story teller! Knows his history and shares it well. We took the Haunted Vicksburg tour at night and the cemetery tour the next day. So much rich history and interesting events and people to discover! Be sure to get his book, too!!

1  Thank Goldenboys G
Reviewed 29 December 2017

We always enjoy ghost tours wherever we go and this was a very informative and exciting one on a very cold Vicksburg night! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 26 December 2017

I like ghost tours because they are a great evening activity that allows you to actually learn something. This tour was no exception!

We did a walking tour for $18/adult, we ended up being alone - so it was private (the company gets extra points from me for not cancelling on us just because we were the only ones who signed up). The night was perfectly spooky and Morgan's stories fit nicely with the atmosphere of the dark city with only the wind shuffling leaves around. We learned a ton about local history, mostly Civil War, but not just.

I have to admit though, at times I had to really focus on listening to understand Morgan - English is my second language, but I have been in the US for years, so usually it is not a problem (maybe I'm just not used to a Southern accent). I also felt that the tour is strong on the dramatic/tour aspect, but weaker on the personal side of getting to know the guide/learning about what is going on in the city nowadays, etc.

Overall, good experience which I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank anna a
Reviewed 7 November 2017

A great way to learn history of Vicksburg. The guide is very knowledgeable of the area. These types of tours are great.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Tracy P
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed this tour! We lucked out with the weather...cool drizzly MS night went well with Morgan's stories. Very interesting side of Vicksburg...wish I would have brought a better camera!

Date of experience: October 2017