All reviews convenience store studio kitchenette front desk panoramic ocean view laundry facilities pool and jacuzzi waikiki beach within walking distance diamond head would definitely stay here again the penthouse high floor hotel guests lobby area bit dated king bed ala moana shopping
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I was expecting a nothing special hotel when we booked this hotel. I do however believe the hotel we well under par even for a 2 star hotel. This hotel made me feel like I was staying in social housing. I needed to do some washing and let me tell you, it was a horrendous experience. There was an attempt to renovate at one stage but it was a dodgy job. The carpet even had lumps. Worst of all we had the loudest air conditioner in Hawaii. After long hot days, the After 5 nights of feeling like we were at the wrong hotel, we checked out and went to the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Given this was our honeymoon, this was a terrible place to stay. The Hilton was a dream.

Room tip: Spend a little more to get a much better hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I think instead of venting (since I'm still very upset) I'll just post a list of bad and good items.

Bad:
1. feces outside of the toilet upon arrival.
2. Got our baby stroller stolen in front of staff.
3. Urine smelling furniture.
4. Filthy carpet.
5. Over the top rude staff.
6. Malfunction equipment (doors, WiFi, etc)
7. The security guard made my 2 year old cry over a sticker. (What?!)
8. No cleaning service.
9. Noisy neighbors. (Almost breaking balcony door since they got locked out in the 34th floor at 1am, see #6)
10. Only 1 ac, which sounded like a military aircraft in the bedroom.
11. ROACHES EVERYWHERE!
12. DIRTY KITCHENWARE.
13. Unsafe for young children.

Good:
1. Location.
2. View
3. Pool.
4. Convenience store in premises.
5. laundry facilities.
6. Great living tenants ( more helpful than staff that gets paid to help you)

Bottom line, I would rather spend a little more money and stay at a clean healthy hotel than be treated like a pest in a pest infested building. Don't let the website photos misguide you.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Roger M
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

My partner, my son and I stayed at the hotel for almost a month and I just want to express my experience.

When we checked in we were put in a small Studio and I understand it was what we booked for but I went to the front desk to see if it was possible to move me to another room that’s bigger, the girl at the front desk Teri said she’ll try her best to move us, which I’m great full for because Steven placed us in a one bedroom 3621..such a beautiful room and view..my suggestion for housekeeping is to keep up with the job title. Every-time they come to clean our room we end up calling front desk and letting them know that housekeeping did not make our beds, did not vacuum the floor or empty the trash. I did not put the do not disturb sign on so I don’t see what the problem is. The front desk needs people that are up to par with the job title. The young boy Michael who to my understanding is the intern is always on his phone, reading book in the front,leaning on the counter, and even sleeping at times we come down to get pool towels. Also he needs to stop whistling this is not a playground. That girl Suki is very nice but her breath is just not acceptable..you are dealing with guest and we don’t want to smell that when we check in. Front desk uniforms are just unacceptable, out of all the hotels We’ve been too this has been the worst uniform’s I’ve seen. Please change it. Over all my stay was good but not great..staff was awesome just a few things that needs to get it together...
Please get it together because I would love to come back to this hotel..

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2018

I'm staying right now at one of the units in this hotel.

I have come to Hawaii about 10 times and stayed for over 80 days in total (over 2 months in total).

Front desk staffs are friendly and kind, but not perfect.

[Roach story]
I saw several roaches in this 2 nights.
I have experienced to struggle with many roaches in a condo before, where I ordered to change room. So I am not surprised to see roaches in hotel rooms equipped with kitchen or kitchenette. This time, I bought yesterday a roach killers (not a pesticide) at a Long's Drugs to make our stay better, and set them around kitchen and bathroom because I don't like to see them. I hope they will work soon. I killed some roaches after that.

Next to my room is a trash chute and so noisy until 10 at night, but it is closed since yesterday for an emergency repair, which makes us inconvenient but calm.
I think the trash chute is one of the cause of roaches.

Anyway, I come to be afraid to continue staying here because I don't want to take roaches back to my home packed in our baggages. How awful!

[TV story]
They have cableTV tuners in guest rooms, but it is so difficult and takes time to understand how to use.

Moreover, I could not watch TV's because of a signal loss until the second morning. I reported it to the front desk and they sent a room keeper.
The guy said that not just our room but many are the same. They don't seem to have solution to this problem, so we still cannot watch TV. OMG!
I'm afraid I can't watch TV until we check out. Too silent!

I'd like to request a room change if it won't get better tomorrow.
They should refund part of the amenity fee because we can't use them. We pay twenty-five dollars for the amenity.

[Kitchen]
Small fridge cannot stock many foods, so we can't protect our foods away from roaches.
I don't want to place foods on the kitchen board.
The sink is located in washroom which we should use for both kitchen and washroom, which makes us inconvenient to cook.

[Air Conditioning story]
AC is fantastically! noisy as someone reported before.
Water produced in AC is collected in a bucket placed at Lanai (balcony) and become full in a several days... so far, so good. Once it becomes full, the room keeper (I hope it is not guests) turns over the bucket at Lanai, and heavy rain fall down to the lower stories. Sudden heavy rain in a really sunny day! I can't understand what happened and looked over the sky, and found blue clear sky with no clouds.
I remember the same story in another condo several years ago, It was, in fact, a condo of Aqua!
It's better not to collect waters from AC's.

[Overalls]
Condos and Kitchenettes are convenient for long stayers, but many of them are old.
You need to manage which hotels or condos to choose and what and how to cook ... like ... using hotel rooms with microwave ... etc. Maybe hotels WITHOUT kitchen have fewer bugs.

My booking will last for another six nights, and I don't expect to fully enjoy hour time in this hotel.

I will update info later.
See ya later.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Hiro O
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Stayed for 6 nights Nice clean facilities Two giant beds and a nice big shower The balcony overlooked the pool and we had sea breezes of a night~Staff were fabulous and helped with all our needs GAve us tips on where to eat as well

Date of stay: September 2017