Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Andy C

Great location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Jan 2024
Great location and amazing staff is worth the price and also great location , the pool is nice before night and the snacks amazing, great location too . The rooms are large with a particularly view of the ocean!
Date of stay: January 2024
Room Tip: Nice quiet pool and terro
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 8 Jan 2024
Dear Andy,
It was our pleasure to provide you with convenient, affordable accommodations. We're glad you enjoyed the pool and snacks. Our friendly staff will also be glad you felt welcome while you were here. The next time you're in the area, please come see us again at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alana - Waikiki Beach!

AU$809
    AU$574
1.2 km from DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach
View more hotels in Honolulu
2,158 results
All reviews double tree front desk the hilton hawaiian village valet parking within walking distance waikiki beach ala moana mall partial ocean view block shopping balconies lanai
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2023 via mobile

The staff were very friendly but everything else was average at best. Room was a bit dated. Mildew smell in the hallway. Tiny balcony that barely accommodated two chairs. On a very busy and noisy street.

It’s not too far from the beach at the Hilton Hawaiian Village but it is about a 20-minute walk to get to the main Waikiki Beach area.

Not a lot of dining options within a 5-minute walk.

If you are looking to be close to the beach without paying beachfront prices you can do better if you stay several blocks southeast of this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2023

There's no doubt that you can always expect remarkable service anytime you visit here and our team will be thrilled to be recognized for their hard work. However, it is our mission to ensure that our accommodations are a reflection of our high standards. You can be sure that your feedback will be addressed, and we welcome another chance to impress you in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2023

So - I'll start by saying that I'm one of those people who thoroughly read through online reviews before deciding on which hotel to book. While I'm partial to the Hilton brand, I still do significant research beforehand. After reading a handful of negative reviews regarding the DoubleTree in Waikiki, I gotta admit, I was a bit nervous going in. Nonetheless, I still decided on this property for a one-night stay, and I gotta tell you - I disagree with all the negativity. I had an absolutely wonderful stay! Checking in was extremely quick and efficient, my room was lovely, clean and spacious (with fantastic views!), and while my interactions with staff were few, they were always extremely friendly and accommodating. Location is in the heart of an extremely substantial amount of shops, restaurants and nightlife. Perhaps I'm easy to please, or that I really kept things simple for this stay, but nonetheless, I would most definitely stay here again, I had such a positive experience. No complaints whatsoever. Only a tremendous amount of gratitude. Thank you, DoubleTree!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Paul H
General Manager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2023

What a wonderful review to receive. It's so good to hear you enjoyed so much about your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alana - Waikiki Beach, especially our dedication to cleanliness, prime location, and all the comfort and amenities we provide our valued guests. We appreciate you giving us a chance to impress you, and we cannot wait to welcome you back for another five-star stay. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 November 2023 via mobile

I preface this review with the fact that I’m an HHonors Lifetime Diamond and a college hospitality management instructor, so I have very high expectations, especially for Hilton properties.

Strengths:
*Front Desk Staff was always very friendly. Henry was especially accommodating both with picking our room AND finding us a new one on the 2nd day (see opportunities below.)
*Rosalinda was our housekeeper for 4 days. A very sweet lady who was so helpful. We don’t need or want full housekeeping when we travel but she always grabbed the trash and refreshed whatever we needed.
*Rondel from maintenance was a rock star. I met him in the elevator and mentioned our fridge wasn’t working. Without having to call in a formal maintenance request, he showed up at our door with a new fridge. Another day, there was a leak in the back of the toilet. Rondel showed up and quickly fixed it.
*Our dinner for that evening was in the fridge when it went out, but TinaMarie, front desk manager, made it right by crediting the food + off our bill.
*All of the Bellmen were super cool and helpful with answers about where to eat, etc.

The whole team was especially helpful though the texting tool on the Hilton App.

Another super fun feature was the FREE coconut leaf hat making class in the lobby on Tuesday! (See pic)

Areas of opportunity:
*Two beds are normally our preference for longer stays and all of the upgrades were to king beds. The first night, we stayed with the 2 bed option and that was a mistake. The bathroom was sooooo small, it was almost unusable. The shower was very small (maybe 4’ x 4’) and up a stair. The toilet was so close to the wall that your leg blocked you from reaching the TP AND the sink was a pedestal so nowhere to put your stuff. Henry, mentioned above, hooked us up with a much better room, even though only 1 bed for the other 4 nights.

*The other challenge is the food & beverage credit which is technically my ongoing complaint with the Hilton corporation, rather than this particular hotel. Several years ago, they took away the FREE breakfast and instituted a food & beverage “credit.” At some properties, this credit covers breakfast; at others it does not! This property was especially disappointing in this regard. The very average breakfast buffet (scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, pancakes, waffles, several breads, a few fruits, hot and cold cereal was $29.95 AND that was the only breakfast option on which to use our $18 credit. NOBODY on the planet needs a $30 breakfast (unless Jon BonJovi is serving it!) We found more value in spending it on the dinner menu. One day when we couldn’t get to the restaurant during dinner, I had to grab 10 bags of M&Ms from the pantry store.

If I was the GM, I would institute a cold-buffet option for 1/2 the price. $15.45 + tip = $18!!

NORMALLY, I would automatically ding the property 1 star for the lack of FREE breakfast, but honestly, I can’t this time because the people were all so amazing!! Mahalo!!!

Room tip: Avoid 2 bed standard room Don’t pay for an ocean view - there isn’t one. They were nice about giving us a key to the pool after checkout
2  Thank WIWeezy
General Manager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2023

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review. As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member and hospitality management instructor, your kind words regarding the exceptional service provided by our team are greatly appreciated. It's encouraging to hear you had positive experiences with room changes, housekeeping, and prompt maintenance. We also appreciate your constructive feedback on the room size and breakfast credit system. Despite the issues you mentioned, we're glad our overall service quality met your expectations. Your insights are valuable to us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alana - Waikiki Beach.

Reviewed 22 November 2023

I arrived early so I was not expecting a room to be ready. The front desk clerk offered to "upgrade me" for a fee. I explained that I was a Hilton Honors Gold member and a room upgrade should be complimentary. NOPE! $35/night or no upgrade. I paid the fee since I had travelled 9 hours and wanted a nap. So much for being a gold member. The room was nothing special, same as the room I originally booked, just a higher floor. The bathroom was small and the shower stall was super tiny! I'm talking 2X4 space that was a good 12" step up from the floor.

The room card was constantly failing so I had to go get it reprogrammed at least once per day. The pool was under repairs so the entire terrace was closed (but they still charge the resort fee, of course) No other amenities were seen.

Location was this hotels redeeming feature. Close to a food truck park, near a HUI car share location, a short walk to the beach.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Monte O
General Manager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2023

Thank you for your review. It is disappointing to learn that your experience fell short of expectations. Please know that our resort fee includes Wi-Fi, a beach chair/ umbrella rental, as well as discounts for local activities and restaurants among other things. Your feedback regarding our accommodations will be shared internally for further consideration, as we are always seeking new ways to improve. On a positive note, we appreciate you mentioning our excellent location and hope you took full advantage of the convenience it affords our guests. It was a pleasure having you here, and we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 11 November 2023

Only appealing thing about this property was the pool and balcony.
Basically ignored by most of the staff. Front desk could care less it seems. 0 apology for a 3 hr wait. When we arrived back to get an update after being tired of waiting, they informed us it’s been ready and housekeeping just never let them know. Kept arguing with us how it wasn’t their fault. We were not happy to say the least. Came here specially for a very special occasion, and spoke with multiple people a week prior. I never want to be that person who is demanding because of their status, but at least act like you care. Will not be returning

Date of stay: October 2023
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Camille C
General Manager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2023

Dear Camille,
All comments are welcome, and we value your input. We are very sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations. We strive to provide our guests with responsive and helpful service, and we will certainly review your concerns on this matter. Thank you, and we hope to have the opportunity to show you a better experience in the future.