Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,480 results
All reviews house without a key la mer house befitting heaven lewers lounge coconut cake four seasons waikiki beach diamond head suite understated elegance ocean front hawaiian music hula dancer pool service five star hotel turn down service our honeymoon other hotels
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Known as the most lovely and gracious, as well as expensive, Waikiki properties, a stay is, indeed, memorable. I'd wanted to stay here ever since my first vacation here in the very early 1990's. It doesn't take too many evening sunsets watching Kanoe Miller or her successor Miss Hawaii's elegantly perform hula at House Without a Key to want your own key to a room here, so you can both wake up and retire at this house befitting heaven. Finally, August 2016 I made the reservation.
While a hotel on site dates from early last century, the current construction and renovations date from the 1980's. The several wings of the hotel front Waikiki, and the wing adjacent to Orchids and La Mer provide lucky ocean front guests a picture perfect view of Diamond Head. It is meant as no slight to say the rooms are rather small and that the bathrooms would be enhanced by updating; somehow, the hotel uses these circumstances to its advantage, and I doubt a guest will complain. The common areas, including pool and gardens, are both beautiful and elegant.
What I found most commendable about this property, and why my trip was memorable, and why I will return, was the service. Regardless of the staff member's position, my interaction with each member was personable, that is, each employee with whom I interfaced treated me, indeed, as if I was an honored guest in his or her own home. I can name names but don't want to do that for fear I would leave someone out. But, from registration to restaurant, from pool to spa, from daily interaction with maids and porters, I found the caring service exceptional, and, in the end, I really felt like I was leaving a friend's home (even though in this instance, the 'friend' was unable to accommodate my request for a late check out).
So yes, Halekulani is a a beautiful facility, my memory of the hotel will rest on the personal effort made by each staff member to make me feel welcome and at home.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Louie75219
Reviewed 30 August 2016

A great hotel, location, rooms, pool, entertainment and food. Overall excellent and one of the best tropical hotels I have stayed at. There is no place I would have preferred to stay and I would like to go back. You get what you pay for and this was fantastic. Rooms were very good, service tick, location nice and close whilst tucked away enough to ensure a get away. The nightly entertainment was great and a cocktail with friends and kids before dinner listening to the band was fantastic. I recommend the mocktail lemonade with fresh mint for the kids - they loved it. The late night piano bar was a very pleasant surprise.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gstocksyd
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

I just came back from a family vacation at the Halekulani with my 3 teenagers. The Halekulani is perfectly located right on the ocean smack in the middle of the Waikiki strip with its abundance of shops, restaurants, hotels and action. Nevertheless, walking into the hotel is like walking into an oasis of calm, class and refinement. The beautiful open gardens on the property add to the aura of calm and tranquility. The decor of the room was airy and light and the view of the ocean and of Diamondhead was breathtaking. The difference between a good hotel and a great hotel is always about the service and the Halekukani's service definitely puts it in the category of great hotels. The service that we received was exceptional. As sabbath observers with special kosher dietary requirements our needs were a little different but the team at the Halekulani starting with Ed Hope (in-room dining) to the waitresses and Maitre D' at House without a Key to the front desk staff, everyone was so attentive to our needs. It was as if everyone was briefed beforehand and waiting to help us.
The visit to Waikiki was unforgettable and The Halekulani made it that way.
PS We all got a kick out of the special Japanese toilets in the public bathrooms that make even a trip to the bathroom a wonderful experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank glamslam
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at the Halekulani to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. I was initially a little skeptical about the price as our Ocean-View room was about the same we had paid previously for a Concierge-level room at the Ritz (in Dallas) but I can honestly say that we got every bit of our money's worth by staying at the Halekulani. The rooms are somewhat compact (for a Texas girl) but elegant and very well appointed, the service is exceptional, and the view is gorgeous. Even though Waikiki Beach is crowded and very built-up, the Halekulani is an oasis amid the hustle and bustle. There were a few families staying at this resort during our vacation but most appeared to be attending one of the numerous weddings we saw during our week's stay. If you are looking for a quiet, luxurious, couples getaway in Waikiki, I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Surrounded by the beauty of Waikiki and the gorgeous Diamond head in the distance..this hotel marks elegance and sophistication in typical relaxed Hawaiin style.Rooms are spacious and comfortable, simple clean design and decor. All amenities but no coffee machine in the suite was a bit odd. Breakfast buffet at House without a key is great for sunsets and sundowners.

Trip type: Travelled with family