The hotel is close to Kalakaua Street, the main shopping street of Honolulu, only 5 mintues away. The rooms were renovated a few years ago so they are quite new overall. The check in lobby seems a bit simple and small given the class of the hotel. They don't even have a chair in the lobby for guests. The lifts for guest rooms is in such a way that I thought it was a cargo lift and not sure if it is for guests.
But once inside the room it is a whole different world. It is new and decent. The lanai is side facing the beach, with a lounge chair, a chair and a tea table. My room included a tea table, stool, a writing desk and a sofa. Bathroom is spacious, with separate shower and bathtub. The back of the wardrobe is interesting that it is infact a sliding door that open the way into the bathroom.
I would rate the service of the hotel to be excellent. I asked for some toiletry from housekeeping and they delivered to my room, then I let go of the door thinking that it would shut by itself. It didn't. After some minutes a hotel staff knocked on my door and asked me to shut the door. Then after about half an hour a hotel technician came to fix the door closers. I was impressed with such service and attitude.
Orchids, the breakfast restaurant is by the pool and the lawn. The service is excellent, food is fine. The pool is not big, as in the case of most hotels on Waikiki. There is a small strip of pedestrian way beside the hotel lawn where quite many people walking all the time, so it is kind of busy most of the time. The beach attached to the hotel is relatively small, so if the guests wanted to swim on the beach, this is not a perfect choice.
I came across a few couples having their wedding in the hotel and I agree that it is a wise choice to choose this hotel for wedding.
If you are looking for a decent hotel on Waikiki, this is probably the best choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia and getaroom.com so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu