My husband and I started off our Honeymoon with a 3 day stay at the Halekulani. We were told by our driver that Halekulani means "House Befitting Heaven"... and the hotel lived up to its name. The staff if very friendly and attentive. As soon as we arrived, we were whisked up to our room for an in-room check in (no waiting in line or long check in process before finally getting to your room). Since it was our honeymoon the management left a large fruit plate with a bottle of champagne and a hand written note welcoming us, in the room. A very nice touch.
The room had a beautiful view of the ocean with a nice sized balcony. The Bathroom was huge, with a sink, vanity, and separate soaking tub and shower. All of the amenities and linens (bed, bath, robes) were plush. The room had a refrigerator that was stocked twice daily with complimentary water. The rooms were cleaned not once, but twice a day. In the early part of the day housekeeping would come and do a full cleaning of the room, in the early evening while we were out to dinner they would come back and turn down the sheets, straighten up the room if it needed, and change any wet towels we had. Each night we would come back to find a new little gift on our bed (a sea shell with a poem, truffles another night with a "house" recipe, a cute key chain with hand carved mini flip-flops). The breakfast buffet had something for everyone: standard "American Breakfast" options like pancakes, eggs, baked pastries, coffee & tea; Japanese options like seaweed salad, miso soup, & sashimi, and local Hawaiian fruits and recipes. Plus, every morning they would also set up a coffee station in the lobby so that you could grab a coffee to go. The service during breakfast was top notch. Our waiter made sure to go above and beyond to make sure we were happy.
The hotel is centrally located in Waikiki walking distance to a number of restaurants, shops, and other hotels. It rained one day while we were there and the hotel staff put out bins with umbrellas throughout the hotel for the guests to take and use. The beach directly in front of the hotel is small, but you can easily walk down the beach to a bigger area a few feet away. The pool was very nice...and again, we got great service by the pool.
The spa offered a great selection of services and their staff was attentive and very professional. Whenever we vacation, the spa is a must for us, and the Halekulani's did not disappoint.
The business center was great as well. Large, with a number of computers so you don't have to wait, and an attendant on hand in case you require any assistance. It also had its own bar containing coffee, tea, juice, water, and soda, and couches and televisions where you could sit and read a book.
There may be bigger or more modern hotels in the area, but I would find it hard to believe that there is any place with better attention to detail and service than the Halekulani. We would definitely stay there again and recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Hotelopia so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu