Halekulani Hotel
USD 422
USD 378
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 499/night.

USD 339
USD 287
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 344/night.

USD 275
USD 318
USD 251
  • Breakfast included
2,698 results
All reviewshouse without a keyla merhouse befitting heavenlewers loungecoconut cakefour seasonswaikiki beachdiamond headunderstated eleganceocean frontpool servicefive star hotelhawaiian musicour honeymoonconcierge staffturn down serviceother hotels
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel was highly recommended by travel agents and was told to stay here if we wanted a truly special and memorable stay. However it did not live up to our expectations. Whilst the hotel is well maintained, I did not find the service to be outstanding. The check-in receptionist seemed distant and cold and despite requesting a high room floor prior to arrival, we were given a 2nd floor room. The room decor is outdated as is the bathroom. I did like the layout of the wardrobe as a walk-through to the bathroom.

The restaurants were nice but not any different from the other 5* hotels in Hawaii. Having stayed at the Royal Hawaiian just the week before, we much prefer the RH as the rooms and service were of a much higher standard. RH is also of much better value considering we paid $100 less per night.

Halekulani is a good hotel but having stayed at many luxury hotels in the world, this hotel is not one I am planning to return to and is by no means anywhere near my favourites.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SYD-YYZ
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Just got back from our annual trip to Hawaii. Spent a few nights here again at the Halekulani. After reading the other reviews, I just dont know that I have more to add to this. This place is truly a slice of heaven! Very serene and peaceful. The service is incredible. The people who work here are amazing. After the craziness of the holidays and gloomy east coast weather, this is the one place I learn to find my "happy place" and smile again. It is pricey but whats a couple days of being spoiled!? I told Santa this would be a great gift! And he did not disappoint! We could of gone to Maui for a few days, but we opted to return here and just be pampered. The pool is fab. Sure the beach is very small, but its an easy walk to the water. Sunset dinner at Orchids is a must. Food is decadent and amazing and Rob our waiter was excellent. Him and Chris waited on us hand and foot and actually took the time to chat and enjoy conversation. We were never rushed. And the Mai Tais at House W/O a key is also a must do. (I dont even like sweet drinks, but you have to try them!) Its a great place to get away from it all, the kids and reality and just find romance again with the one you love! Next year I am going to have to stay longer!! Im already sad Im not there. Enjoy!

Room Tip: The garden view is not bad and this year we had the partial ocean view facing Diamond Head. Awesome!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank azharleygirl
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We were only here for one night as a stop over on our way home but we really enjoyed it. The staff were quite amazing with the concierge running to get me some US dollars to pay the cab driver (I had run out of cash and he wouldn't take a card). The restaurants were great with a real island atmoshpere right on the beach. Would love to go back!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Toppee
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We can't afford a stay in this wonderful hotel but we never miss happy hour and outstanding local entertainment at their oceanfront setting.

Drinks are a fair price and the staff is welcoming.

During peak season be sure to go early to avoid lines of people at this romantic setting.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank b25b25
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Right from the start the service was impeccable and always with smiles and honest seeming friendliness. We were given a tour of the grounds once our room was available and had fruit and chocolate waiting in our room. Every night we had a turn down service with a new little gift left on the bed with a light pickup of the room in the evening that was unexpected.

We had a fun family room service which was very relaxing. We also tried the House without a Key and the Orchids Brunch. Both were worth a try. I especially loved the feel of the House without a Key in the open view of the sea and beautiful pool. Another thing to see are either white doves or pidgeons and many wedding ceremonies in the square garden area. We saw almost 4 a day the whole weekend. If you wish to visit the Spa there, book ahead! I could barely get in for a basic mani/pedi and it was at a bad time for me so I couldn't partake.

Our rooms had beautiful views of Diamond Head and the ocean. The room was clean and spotless, but the decor needs an update. Several commenters have mentioned they were in updated rooms and ours hopefully was not done yet because the furniture was very dated and bland colored. Our bed was also a bit lumpy and old feeling. The room did have a great sound docking speaker/radio for some entertainment.The bathroom however was nice as is minus a kind of short shower head for my tall husband. The shower head was amazing and probably the best I've experienced. After visiting the Ihilani's renovated rooms in Kalopei, the decor here was a bit of a downer and just too bland and beige. The attention to detail and service helped and I look forward to going back another time to see a more modern and updated room at the Halekulani. I hope to stay again.

Room Tip: Grab something High for a better view. The Diamond Head views are gorgeous.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family