I've been to the Halekulani seven times in the last 11 years and it does not disappoint. Relaxing is not a word that you associate with Waikiki, but the moment you set foot in the open air lobby of this fine resort, there is an immediate sense of peace and calm. This won't necessarily be to everyone's liking. The decor, the floral arrangements, the rooms are all understated.
The service is wonderful, very quiet and discrete. The rooms are very automated, and you can just press a button by a console on the bed table to signal your needs. The bathrooms are set up to double as dressing rooms and have separate shower stalls and baths. The rooms are a good size for Waikiki, and the suites (I had a Pool view suite) are very luxurious.
Food is really superlative, they have their own bakery on premises, so breakfast is particularly good. I've tried all of their restaurants except for La Mer, and they are first rate. In particular, House Without a Key is a great place for an informal meal.
While the hotel does not front a wide section of Waikiki beach, the pool, with its distinctive tiled Orchid bottom, is heated and usually not crowded.
There are two particularly special Halekulani experiences that I would recommend. One is to go the House Without a Key in the evening to see Kano'e Miller, a former Miss Hawaii, dance the Hula to the tunes of a live Hawaiian Band. The classiest act that you will see in Hawaii. The other is to order a Japanese breakfast and enjoy it on the terrace of your room. The breakfast consists of grilled fish, rice or rice porridge and pickled vegetables. It's a great alternative to an American breakfast and no other Hawaii hotel (not even the Four Seasons) does as it well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia APAC, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotelopia, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu