“Don't miss this place! ”

Tommy Bahama Restaurant, Bar & Store
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama Restaurant, Bar & Store is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 2,493 Restaurants in Honolulu
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Visited Tommy Bahama twice for dinner during our recent trip to Hawaii, I loved it here.

It's a bit strange entering through a clothes shop but everyone has to do it! The roof patio is awesome for a few open air drinks before your meal, there is shelter too if it's raining. The restaurant is spread over two levels and is largely open place. There are lots of great fresh options across a range of prices. I found the portion sizes to be generous as did my husband, with us each just having a main meal.

Service was good, not outstanding but this place is super busy. That said, we didn't have to wait a long time for our food. The nights we had dinner there was live music which was really nice.

They have an easy online booking system so I'd suggest booking so you don't miss out. Make sure you check this restaurant out when you're in Hawaii!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

This restaurant has amazing ambiance-outdoor rooftop patio with a lovely view. However, I cannot recommend the food. The child meal included vegetables, which were healthy and tasty, but the chicken was very dry. The hamburger was undercooked and the mahi-mahi was dry (overcooked) and the sauce failed to improve its flavour.The incorrect dessert was brought out at the end (no charge as this was their error). Our server asked us for feedback but they did nothing to remedy the issues with the meals. Considering how pricy the meals were, I would not recommend this location for dinner. However, do check it out over a few drinks, as the atmosphere is great.

1  Thank chachatango
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The bar is located on the roof of their retail store, but decorated like a comfortable home patio. We were attended to as if we were Tommy Bahama himself. Kama and Miranda were two servers of note. They really went out of their way to help us with our menu and bar selection. Their appetizers were mini entrees, very satisfying and delicious. Absolutely Recommend Tommy Bahamas and we will return at our next visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Arrived early for a dinner at Tommy's based on a recommendation given to me by a local at my Hotel.

Went up to the top floor with a small group of people - 6 - and asked to check in for our dinner later and said we wanted to have some cocktails before dinner.

The LACK of any WELCOME or offer to seat us a nearly empty patio was quite noticeable. The guy jumped on a phone and called the 2nd floor restaurant to confirm our reservation and then came back to me and told me I HAD to go downstairs.

I was literally shocked by this as we had ample time for 1-2 drinks and they just wanted us gone.

I mentioned this at the pool at my hotel to a dozen or so guests and they surprisingly all had similar negative experiences on the THIRD FLOOR.

PLEASE NOTE: the second floor restaurant and service and dinner were all fantastic - but the third floor staff should all be sent looking for a new career which better suits their interest in tourists who spend $$$ at their restaurant.

1  Thank deanguest
Reviewed 10 August 2017

The quality of the food seemed to be quite good while were eating. Unfortunately my son woke up the next morning throwing up. My husband and older son also experienced an upset stomach. Perhaps their food handling safety isn't as good as it needs to be.