“The server wrote his own tip on my bill ”
Review of Agu Ramen Bistro

Agu Ramen Bistro
Ranked #500 of 2,633 Restaurants in Honolulu
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It’s the first time in my life that my server wrote his own tip amount on my bill after it went through my credit card. He wrote the tip right in front of me and I was baffled. I said to him :”normally I write the amount, not you” he just said “sorry”.
We are a party of four, not a large party group.
I’d like to know if that’s the policy of this restaurant : forcing customer to pay tips on whatever the server/restaurant felt right.
Is it even legal?

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Clean place, friendly and courteous staff. We had tonkatsu ramen, curry and gyoza. The food was good. The noodles were hard, maybe overcooked. In my opinion, an average place with decent food.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 21 March 2018

The ramen was delicious, asked for less salt in the broth but still really salty. My husband loves spicy so ordered #2 spicy, and it was pretty spicy. Glad he didn't go higher. Clean bistro, staff very friendly, helpful. Probably go only once in our 6 week stay, for a treat.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Kalakaua avenue in Waikiki is probably one of those streets you can wait and not mind.. and wait we did for a little while for our table. we had group of 11 but the staff were quite accommodating and had us seated separately but close enough. The menu is simple and quite engaging - photos descriptions easy to understand (even the spicy-ness ratings for some items). I ordered the spicy the tonkotsu ramen with spicy rating of 3. Spice rating was spot on. The spice did not take anything away from the flavour - was a nice balance. Service was prompt (efficient is probably more appropriate) and friendly. Venue was cosy and welcoming - with the seating not too crowded. I would be happy to have another mean (or many other meals) here.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Carlos T
Reviewed 22 December 2017

People had been talking about Age for ages, so when I found one I thought I'd give it a go.
The waiter was really nice, suggested their most popular dish (with black garlic?), When it arrived I was a little disappointed but a couple of bites into it I was sold. it was REALLY good.
I laughed at my friend for ordering fries in an asian bistro. However, when I tasted his I had to order my own ...they too were incredible. Do yourself a favor and get the fries!!!

Date of visit: December 2017