All reviewsla croixfront desksim cardbreakfast buffetamenity feewalking distance to the beachmiso souprecommend this hotelvalet parkingan older hotelpink linethe breakfast areagreat place to staythe hotel is cleanthe penthouseabc storehotel staff
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My stay was absolutely wonderful! I highly recommend Waikiki Gateway Hotel. My room was beautiful. The breakfast buffet was awesome, and so I had a relaxing start almost everyday. Location is great. It is only 10 min or less walk to the beach.

I arrived late at night and was super tired due to a delayed flight from Canada. When I arrived at the hotel, Darwin (at the Front desk) was so welcoming, helpful, and funny, I almost forgot how tired I felt earlier. During my week-long stay, he was always ready to assist me with my requests and went out of his way to help me find the best routes and hot spots around the island. In all my travels, I have met nice hotel staff, but there are only a handful that really make your vacation memorable. Darwin was definitely one of them. Mahalo! ~ Audrey

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This little hotel is just off the main strip of the Waikiki Beach hotels, within easy walking distance of the beach and restaurants and yet quieter at night. We arrived early from an overnight international flight and the front desk staff rearranged our reservation to get us into a room early (which allowed for a quick nap!). The interactions with the staff were pleasant at every turn and definitely a highlight of the stay. The sky terrace room had a great view and a refreshing breeze in the evening and the bed may have been the most comfortable hotel bed ever (I would gladly trade my bed at home for one like this).

Room Tip: Sky terrace rooms include a large balcony
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Room tiny and in need of renovation which is actually happening in some areas.
Bathroom and open closet and toilet all in same space .
Can barely get into bed from other side.
Noisy as thin walls .Needs a repaint and revamp.
Bed soft
Adequate for just a sleepover

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We booked 2 rooms for 1 night for a layover. The rates are some of the cheapest, likely because the property is pretty old and has seen better days. One of the rooms had an awful smell akin to stinky plumbing and the receptionist indicated I wasn't the first one to have this complaint. There are a few added fees that might irk you but are common in Honolulu. One is a DAILY parking/valet fee of $29 but you are kind of stuck. There is also a $20 "amenity" fee, but there are no amenities to speak of. You can't beat the location!

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We have stayed here many many times but never in February. The weather wasn't the best to say the least. Torrential down pours and flooding. Our room was on the 15th floor not that we stayed there long. Had to move out due to serious water leaks from the room above. Most disappointed with management that we weren't upgraded in fact we were moved down to the 11th floor and we had to move ourselves. Miles the concierge tried to be as helpful as possible. Thank you Miles it was great to see a friendly face thru all this.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 10th floor
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple