9 people are viewing this hotel
USD 167
Free cancellation until 04/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 167
Free cancellation until 04/11/21
travelup.com
USD 154
PricelineUSD 167
FindHotelUSD 167
eDreamsUSD 167
4,283 results
All reviews splash bar across the street a pool view room waikiki beach heart of waikiki international marketplace partial ocean view beach chairs an older hotel pool side bit dated city view high floor pk hawaii lanai
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2019 via mobile

This review is long overdue! My husband and I stayed here for a week last month. We normally stay at the other (“nicer”) Sheraton near the Royal Hawaiian and were disappointed when they were booked and we had to “settle” for this one.

Can I just tell you that the staff completely and utterly went above and beyond my expectations by providing the utmost in extraordinary service?? It’s been some time so I’m hoping to remember some of the staff by name. Here goes..

The two front desk ladies are spectacular! Love love love these two! Their customer service is completely outstanding and they made such a wonderful impression on us. They were kind, funny, accommodating and patient even though my husband made it a point to bug them several times per day (thanks for hydrating us!). Hahah. I believe their names are Erin and Sharen. I should have written this down. Both of these wonderful women have such a good vibe about them and truly stood out!! They made sure to it that our stay was amazing and it sure did work.

And a shout out to Gingerlee, at the egg station, who accommodated my strange request of cheese with a little bit of egg. Lol. She’s awesome and she knows egg-xactly how to prep your eggs/omelettes just the way you like them!

The hotel itself isn’t as pretty or fancy as the other ones. It’s pretty basic and tucked away off a side street. It’s still within walking distance to everything so that wasn’t a problem. The view wasn’t great and the rooms were a bit outdated. I felt like I was in the Brady Bunch episode where they went to Hawaii. But I hear they’re going to upgrade the rooms so that should be nice.

If you’re okay with a decent room, come here. The customer service from beginning to end is great and they know how to make you feel like royalty.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank traceec129
SheratonPK, Manager at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2019

Aloha traceec129,

Thank you for sharing your recommendation and kind words about Erin, Sharon and Gingerlee. We will be sure to share your comments with them as we know it will make their days to know they helped make your stay memorable. We strive to deliver an exceptional stay and service to our guests, and it just overjoys us to know you had this experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again!

Mahalo and safe travels!

Reviewed 22 August 2019

Just checked in to this hotel today from a Courtyard Marriott. Expected the service and rooms to be a notch or 2 higher. I was so WRONG!
1) Room - extremely dated, AC hardly working and much more smaller than Courtyard!
2) Elevator - Sardined pack, occasionally you'll have to wait in line to hitch a ride in an antique elevator
3) Resort Charge - Outrage fees with a bunch of BS items such as beach service which you have no idea how to use, GoPro can only rent free for 1 day eventhough I'm staying 2, oh and if you have 2 rooms book, tough luck, you can only rent one, what a RIPOFF! Many more ridiculous items but I'll save it for another day.
4) Service - This is the icing on the cake! fyi, I'm a so-called Bonvoy Platinum Elite, but they did a good job making me feel like a Bonvoy Nobody. Way to go, Bonvoy. Check in person was rude, one of my room was only going to be ready 15 minutes later and I requested for them to send the key up to my room when it's ready, he rolled his eyes and said no sir, they don't do that. I asked for a late check out at 2pm, normally as a Platinum Elite, I get 4pm easily, the lady at the front desk insisted that they can do nothing for me.
My advise STAY AWAY! I come here expecting a decent vacation, felt ripped off, belittled and for the value is not worth the price you're paying. Can't wait to check out of this hell hole...

Room tip: Don't bother
4  Thank ashman4827
SheratonPK, Manager at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2019

Aloha ashman4827,

We sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate late check out. We do everything in our power to accommodate guest requests, but it is subject to availability at the hotel at the time of check-in. We regret that we missed an opportunity to exceed your expectations during your stay with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani and leave you with a better impression of our hotel.

Reviewed 21 August 2019

We had a lovely time at this hotel from Aug 6th - 12th. We had stayed here on our honeymoon 21 years ago and always said we'd like to go back (with our 17 year old son this time). We weren't disappointed. The location is perfect. The room was spacious and clean with comfortable beds. We were in the tower with a balcony and a beautiful ocean view. We ate at the restaurant one night only as we were out and about but the food was great. We loved the pool area. Checking in and out was quick and efficient. We personally can't fault it. It's unlikely that we'll be back again due to how far Hawaii is from the UK but I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Guy at the concierge desk was also great and very helpful. Thanks for a lovely stay!

2  Thank JET1708

Aloha JET1708,

Thank you for sharing your recommendation and returning to visit us with your son. We hope you were able to rekindle old memories and make some new ones. We're so glad you enjoyed the beautiful ocean views from your lanai and had a chance to try our restaurants! Safe travels back to the UK, and until next time: a hui hou!

Reviewed 20 August 2019 via mobile

Great resort in a perfect location. The Pool area was lovely and inviting, plenty of lounges available, I love the Hawaiian music they had playing. An added bonus was the lockable surfboard storage they provided free of charge near the pool.

Although the room we stayed in was below average, if you get allocated room 811 don’t take it! The room was clean but backed onto the maintenance/ cleaners room, it was very noisy and I could hear the sound of the elevator going up and down all night. The bed was also tiny with no balcony. We asked for an upgrade and was told NO.
The resort fee is charged daily and they will hold it pending on your credit card even after you check out and finalised the bill. It’s been over a week since we’ve been back and they are still holding our money.

I would definitely stay here again but next time insist in getting a balcony room and king bed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank MrMrsTR

Aloha MrMrsTR,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the local music by the pool and the central location of our hotel. We regret that we were unable to accommodate your upgrade request, as we do our very best to accommodate guest requests whenever possible. To ensure your room type, we always recommend booking directly on our website. Please know that some banks can take up to 10 business days to release funds back to your account. Should you still not receive them by the 10th day, we recommend contacting your bank directly.

We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2019

We stayed here for sentimental reasons and because it is still a great location, but wow the extra costs like parking add up. We were only here three nights so took a deep breath and enjoyed ourselves. Liked being able to drive up to parking in our own tower (you could skip the lobby trek). We had a room with partial ocean view, but it really was a full view out over the beach and was part of what made the added expense worth it.

The other bonus was really special. We arrived from Ontario on July 3 and were still fighting jetlag on the 4th. We wanted to see the fireworks, but as evening approached and they were calling for 10s of thousands of people, our interest was diminishing. Earlier in the day, I had noticed daylight at the end of the hall through the fire doors. Would you believe, each floor had an open air balcony and from the 20 something floor, we looked out over the beach and fireworks like a front row seat and we were back in our room 30 seconds after it was over. One of those unexpected surprises that again, made the hotel well worth it.

We did not eat any meals on site. We were out and about, but it looked busy.

We also did not use the pool. We went to the beach.

We had a small issue with the hotel safe and something else and our room attendant had it dealt with immediately. Check in was fast and friendly.

Not sure we would return a fourth time, but we would recommend for the location.

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank GeoRoadWarriors

Aloha GeoRoadWarriors,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so happy to know that you were able to enjoy the fireworks from the convenience of your floor! It certainly beats fighting the crowds at the nearby viewing locations. We're glad that our team members were able to quickly resolve any issues you encountered and that you enjoyed the beautiful ocean views from your lanai. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back once again.