Lowest prices for your stay
USD 167
Free cancellation until 04/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 167
Free cancellation until 04/11/21
travelup.com
USD 154
PricelineUSD 167
FindHotel
eDreamsUSD 167
4,283 results
All reviews splash bar across the street a pool view room waikiki beach heart of waikiki international marketplace partial ocean view beach chairs an older hotel pool side bit dated city view high floor pk hawaii lanai
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2016

This was our second stay at princess kaiulani we love staying here. If is a great location short walk to the beach and central to the shops. Lovely pool area rooms nice and tidy. We had the pool view room which was great can see and hear the entertainment from our balcony each night. Leilani was super friendly and remembered us from last year. Well recommend staying here

Room tip: Pool view rooms are great
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
sheratonpk, Manager at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Aloha Christine R,

So happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. Our pool view rooms offer a great ambiance in the evenings, perfect for sitting on the lanai and listening to Hawaiian music. We're also very lucky to have a great team of associates who truly care for our guests. Thank you so much for your time, we can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 3 September 2016

We have just returned from our stay at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani. We honeymooned there 37 years ago and this was the first opportunity we had to return. We booked our holiday through luxury escapes some 8 months ago and was very surprised that everything that was offered was actually there. Fresh fruit either at the poolside or behind the Dukes statue, free bottles of water every day and because we were staying more than 7 days we also had a lovely basket delivered to our room. We have just spent 10 days at the hotel and was impressed, a little dated perhaps, but nonetheless the staff, the room attendants and just everyone was ever so friendly. I don't agree with the $26 a day surcharge but that's everywhere you go. Our friends chose to stay at the Hilton Hawaiin and they paid $36 a day. We were central to everything. The only thing I will say is that the furniture and rooms should have a little facelift just to bring them up to scratch otherwise nice one Princess Kaiulani. Thank you for having us. Until next time. Aloha.
Giuseppina and Orazio

Room tip: Poolside rooms are good and you can watch the entertainment in your pjs if you want
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josie M

Aloha Josie M,

Mahalo for choosing to celebrate with us at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel, we are so happy to be a part of your anniversary celebration once again! We are very happy to hear that you were able to experience some of the many services we offer at the hotel such as complimentary fresh fruit and water by the poolside or on the beach. Our location in the heart of Waikiki is also a great as it allows our guests to truly explore the nearby beach, shops or restaurants. We are currently working to upgrade various areas of the hotel to give it a minor facelift as well. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

We booked our stay 6 months in advance and chose this hotel as I was a SPG member. I was perplexed at check in to be told there was a mandatory $25 resort fee per room per day (we had interconnecting rooms for our family). When I question free internet with my SPG membership they claimed I had to pay for it. I asked what else I got for the $50 per day (total) and they said free parking (we had no car) and beach towels (we used 4 in 5 days!) and free water and fruit at the beach ( no sign of this - apparently when they saw you with the towel they came to you to offer this service). What a rip off.

Again, as a SPG member I received no other special service. No special check in, and in fact the staff were very beige. No one was exceptionally special with their customer service. Even walking past the pool towel boys every day there was no greeting. Everyone here is just doing their job to the bare minimum. I actually asked a bell boy directions to the Cheesecake Factory and he couldn't tell me. He couldn't even read the map to point me in the right direction.

The rooms were OK, they were clean. The bathrooms are tiny. The balconies are barely big enough for 2 people to sit out there. On the positive the location is perfect. You're amongst everything. Would we go back - probably not.

Trip type: Travelled with family
sheratonpk, Manager at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Aloha Jacqui P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with our team. At the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel we are always looking for ways to improve and as such insight from our guests is very helpful and much appreciated. We deeply apologize if the services afforded to our SPG guests were not clearly outlined for you to take advantage of during your visit. I have made sure to share your feedback with our management team so that they may address some of the concerns and issues you mentioned. We expect our associates to provide each of our guests with superior customer service as that is what they deserve, we apologize if you did not experience this during your recent visit. Again we do appreciate you bringing this to our attention as it allows us the chance to make certain that operations are running as they should be. Mahalo for you time.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

My husband and I had booked another hotel online. When we checked in we were shocked as the hotel resembled a hostel not room at he price we had paid. We left the hotel and decided to look for alternative accommodations. A few blocks away we went to the Sheraton Princess and explained our dilemma. KArry at the front desk went out of her way to assist us. She allows us to see a rooms the hotel,had available (the same price we had paid at the other hotel). The room was clean , well appointed and comfortable. It was not luxurious but clean, bright and comfortable. The we was adequate room for our suitcases. The bathroom was smaller but quite adequate for 2 people. They have free wifi and bottled water in the room. There is a lovely pool surrounded by outdoor dining and a bare there was entertainment the tow evenings we were there. Beach service is also available. They also have a hospitality room where you can shower and change after you have checked out , before a flight. It too was very clean, fresh towels, shampoo, conditioner and soap available. I cannot say enough about Karry at the reception desk. I hope the Sheraton management reads about Karry , an outstanding employee. I would recommend this hotel and stay again.

Date of stay: August 2016
sheratonpk, Manager at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Aloha PatC499248,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with our team. We are always looking for ways to improve and as such we appreciate your insights. We are so happy to hear that Karry was able to help you to find the room that met all of your needs. At the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel we are very fortunate to have a great team of associates like Karry and we're glad to know that she was able to make your stay memorable. Should you feel so inclined, we humbly ask that you submit your Guest Experience Survey emailed to you following your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

**FAIR WARNING I AM SPG GOLD MEMBER**

stayed from 22AUG16 to 31AUG16, business trip.

Upon arrival, the check in was a breeze, I did not get the same welcoming response as other SPG hotel, usually they hook you up with a towels or tea or some type of drinks. Its not a biggy at all. The lobby does not have A/C like most sheraton I've been to.

Being an SPG Gold Member, I had a room upgrade to the 21st floor, with the ocean view. If you are not SPG gold and not willing to pay extra, you may get the lower level floor room, nothing wrong with that except from level 19 and below it has not been renovated, so I was told. The newly renovated room is good, the view is awesome :D I love it. You are right there on the strip, if you do not want to rent a car, this is a good location.

The bed was very good, I sleep good at night, if I have to nitpick, some guest are a little loud at night, and I got woken up by the cleaners once or twice at 8 AM.

Breakfast is $26 and dinner is $46, in room is well...extra. However, you live across the street from fast food restaraunt and down the street (walking distance) Chuck's Cellar is pretty damn good steak! (at a premium price of course) they do have singers come every night to host a show while you eat dinner.

Parking is NOT free(most hotel in Waikiki isnt), $25 a day to include resort amenities, such as towels 250 spg point, the elevator for the parking garage is a little bit hard to find, however they do have it.

Premium internet is $8 (?) a day for non SPG gold and platinum (you need to tell them its free, the IT guy does not know this, I actually had to point him to the website on SPG where it explicitly says complimentary premium internet) Premium internet is pretty fast, I was playing games a couple time (overwatch) and it dint lag (most of the time) Basic internet...if you want to do anything other than checking email, forget about it.

There are no Spa or massage service here, instead they ask you to go across the street to the Westin (this is where you also go for the beach). The Massage service was good HOWEVER what they dint tell you upfront is a 21% service charge, kind of a hidden fees since they dont tell you, I was a little irritated when I saw the bills. the cost of my massage was 205 as stated on the pamphlet, I was able to get some SPG discount, however, after all cost and discount included it came to be $240 for a 75 min sessions, rip-off, considering other places do it for cheaper price.

The shuttles from hotel to airport is $16 I dint personally sign up but I inquire about it.

I also attended their luau, its a pretty good shows, I am not big into the whole luau thing however I was impressed. I also met the niece of one of the Olympian, she told me her uncle was the shiny Tonga guy that bear the Tonga flags in the opening ceremony.

Overall its a good place if you are on a budget and want a SPG experience, however if you looking for a quieter place, with more of a luxurious resort feels, I think the Westin are better, you get what you pay for.

so how would I improve this hotel? definitely the resort fees and service fees needed to be emphasize, the activity outside of the hotel need to be cheaper, they want $26 transportation to Hanamau bay (its $5 for first time entrance and other time it will be free) but if this is your first time in hawaii you wouldnt know any better, this is a Sheraton, however they charged like its the Westin, need to lower your prices a little bit for us 90% lower income folks. More in-house activity, the Sheraton (or le-meridien) in Vietnam have Casino, the Sheraton in guam have jazz & blues singer on certain days.

Room tip: the higher you stay up the better to escape the city noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ADA187

Aloha ADA187,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your helpful and much appreciated feedback with our team. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and it's the insights we receive from our guests that truly allow us to do so. We'd also like to thank you for your continued support and loyalty as an SPG Gold Member. I have made sure to share your feedback with our team so that they may address your concerns accordingly. Currently we're working on a number of upgrades around the hotel to give the property a fresh, modern look. We're also working to create new cultural activities and other complimentary services for guests to take advantage of during their visits. Again we are very grateful for your feedback and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon. Should you feel so inclined, we'd like to humbly ask that you submit your Guest Experience Survey that is emailed to you following your visit.