“Location OK” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Sacramento
“Location OK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I only spent one night in this hotel I was on my way to the Federated States of Microneisa and it met my needs. However, I first checked with the Hilton Hawaiian Village and there were not room reservation avaiable, that is the place to stay when you are in Honolulu.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sierrared

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

This was my first time to Hawaii. I stayed with my family for 9 nights. The hotel itself was clean, the service was always prompt and the staff friendly.

I am in a wheelchair, and I found the wheelchair accessable bathroom to be the best I have used in a hotel. The only issue with the room is you could hear everything the people did in the rooms next door. The kitchenette was helpful if you wish to save money and eat in.

The lifts, although handy, would hardly ever go to the level you wanted. You had to keep your finger on the button of the floor you wanted to go on, or else it would go up before it went down again.

A short walk to the beach and main street of Waikiki made this an excellent location for the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My family just stayed at this hotel. And as vacations go, we totally enjoyed our stay! We were seldom in our room but while there we experienced nothing but friendly good service...we requested extras daily as we had four guest and we love coffee and they were always happy to help out bell helpers, reception everyone was great! What it lacks in interior flair it makes up for in guest services... the location is PERFECT! Pink trolley half a block away, the beach minutes from the door, tour bus pick up at the front door or half a block a way for the larger trips... totally worth every cent! ENJOY !!!

Room Tip: the kitchenette was terrific...had what we need to save a little cash for breakfast and snacks..
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank yakaa
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

we stayed here for the second time December 2011/January 2012. we were welcomed as soon as we got out of the taxi and our bags were taken care of. we went up to the lobby where we were quickly checked in, nice to see Clayton again and he welcomed us so warmly with an Ohana welcome gift. we had requested our same room as last year which he were given. Clayton helped us with any info we needed, and spoilt us on New Years eve! we felt so at home,
the hotel is clean and the housekeeping staff do an excellent job. all the staff were wonderful.
we find the location perfect across from the food pantry, with Keoni,s downstairs. just a short stroll to the beach.We used the free pink trolley ride to Ala moana many times.
we will never stay anywhere else. thanks again to Clayton.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed at the Ohana East for 6 nights. On my reservation form I asked for a quiet location as I have sleep problems. Again, when I checked in, I mentioned it again, and asked to be away from the elevators. When we went upstairs, we discovered we were only one door away from the elevators. They weren't extremely loud- sounded sort of like a wave crashing, but it was enough to wake me up. (light sleeper). The next morning I asked about changing rooms and was told I'd have to wait for the manager who wouldn't be in til 10, but they'd leave him a message.We had a tour booked and didn't return til after 8 pm. There was no message from him, and I was too tired to move then anyway. By the next morning we had our stuff spread out, and had another tour, so we decided to just suffer. The next few nights were worse as more people moved into the hotel and the walls were very thin. We could here people talking in the next room, and many toilets flushing.
If you can sleep through anything though, it isn't bad. The location is great- we ended up only spending 20 minutes on Waikiki Beach so it would have been a waste of money to stay closer to the beach. The room size was fine- I found the shower roomy enough. There was some dirt on the toilet seat when we first got our room.
The balcony was too small to sit on, but we didn't have time for that anyway. The bed was also not very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple