All reviewskitchenettelocationpropertypoolfloor
Reviewed 15 August 2016

We stayed in an apartment here after using the website airbnb. The location is great. the price for the studio was also great. But the cleanness... not good art all.

There were plenty little roaches on the restroom and on the kitchen. The carpet was filthy. The curtains where falling apart, with lots of sunlight every morning, regardless of how much you try to close the curtains.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paulobsb
Reviewed 8 September 2014

This is residential condominium complex. The property is immaculately clean and very secure. Pretty much every day I saw the cleaning staff washing, dusting, sweeping, gardening and even doing touch up paint job here and there. Fob is required to activate the elevator and to go to any floor (either up or down.) Management and maintenance crew are on duty from 7am until 3pm, and the security company takes the shift from 3pm and until 7am. Unlike other reviewers, I actually found the building staff to be very nice and friendly over my ~3 months stay. I also saw the building Manager (his name is Kevin H.) a few times, and he assisted me with parking permit and post office/FedEx info. Again, he actually was quite nice and courteous. I noticed that he runs a pretty tight ship at Inn on the Park, and nothing slips past his eye. Maybe he does not smile as often (not that it should be part of his job description, right?) but he struck me as a great building Manager and the guy who really means business. Inn on the park is not a hotel so don’t expect daily maid service, room service or front desk. Inn on the Park is a condominium complex where the units are individually owned and yes, they differ in terms of remodeling (so I was told by the folks who I met on the recreation deck). I just happened to rent a unit which was fully remodeled and nicely furnished, and it certainly made my stay so much more enjoyable. My advice is - before you sign a rental contract – review the pictures and inquire about remodeling. Usually when you rent from a private party (not mgmt. company), owner should provide you with the pictures of a specific unit which you are going to reserve (at least, that was my experience.) Speaking of the recreation deck – it is on the 5th floor, and has a pool, showers, restrooms, BBQ area, laundry and even mini-library. It covers almost the entire floor and has a beautiful view of Fort deRussy. The building location worked out really well for me as the condo complex is located across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village (very nice beach!) – not in the middle of Waikiki busy-ness, yet just a short walk to Ala Moana shopping center, beach and about 15 minutes away from the International Market Place with its festivities. Overall, my studio was an excellent rental and great value for budget traveler. I would certainly book it again.

Room Tip: Review the pictures online and talk to the owner(s)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed 3 November 2010

The manager of the building is the most disrespectful man I've ever met! He sure knows how to push your buttons when it comes to the "load & park" on the street level (max 10 min). I was taking up my groceries and haven't even got the chance to put them away yet. I automatically get a knock at my door from the manager and he says my car will be towed because it's been sitting there for half an hour. I've only been there for 5 minutes! He then tells me he watched me from his camera and seen me pull in. How could he lie in my face like that and be so rude?!

• Stayed: November 2010
13  Thank lcm_baby
Reviewed 5 January 2010

We stayed here (suite#1606=13/ 1+3=4? BAD LUCK#) for New Years/B-Day celebration it was for 8/days we were out in 2. To be honest it wasn't for us. The owner is a slick talker so take him with a grain of salt... he quotes the law books of Waikiki/Honolulu, so read your contract thoroughly (we did, that's how we got out of ours). Not too mention the ant infestation so take precautions (hard to get rid of..?). His cable internet connection is buggy (if that is important be prepared to use your wireless and piggy back off others NO GUARANTEE!!). The place needs some serious interior decorating very dingy/stained/shoddy...tasteless if that matters... though it is 2star budget price (we payed $66.65 w/tax but ithink its worth $49./nite). We didn't trust the linen or towels and bought our own sheets (king size because he has 2twin beds put together that by the way is very uncomfortable in the middle so pick a side with your lover lol). The plus side there is a kitchen so you can save money if you like to cook but the kitchen utensils/appliances aren't much to be desired...? The balcony faces the back/mountain view but he has a large mesh covering it to ward off pigeons (you feel enclosed... very tacky!!) it is air-conditioned/ and ceiling fan (keep it on low, makes a nasty noise any higher) keep balcony door open to circulate air... it is very quiet except for Friday nite for thirty minutes fire cracker display from the Hilton puts on (you cannot see unfortunately unless you go outside/over to Hilton beach 10 min. walk) very noisy.

If you want to be in the center of it all its not the location, be prepared to walk a lot. In fairness some of the older reviews aren't valid the the building has been renovated NO CARPET/NON SMOKING (ITS NOT A HOTEL!!!!) THE ROOMS ARE INDEPENDENTLY OWNED. Its an apt./condo..
If the owner took a little pride in this place it would be great deal... needs touch ups paint/design/etc. I would recommend for students, persons roughing it/ back packers, people who need something quick/last min. /has no OCD/ etc. GOOD LUCK!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank RebeLinx
Reviewed 20 March 2009

My wife and I have spent the month of November for the past 12 years in Waikiki. We have spent big bucks to stay at fancier places with more services, but last year (2008) we discovered the Inn on the Park which has all the comforts of home at a budget conscious price. Great value, great location, across from Hilton Hawaiian Village and the beach. Within walking distance of the heart of Waikiki, and a monthly pass for The Bus is only $40.00 and will take you anywhere, even on a circle island tour! Kitchenette made it easy to prepare our own meals, but is within walking distance of many fine restaurants. My wife is into the free hula and ukulele lessons at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center which is only a 10 minute walk, or quicker on The Bus. The pool and sundeck are fine, but the BEACH is just across the street. Laundry facilities available. You wont find a better price to enjoy PARADISE. And, of course, there are ABC stores 1/2 block away in two directions! We've just rebooked for November '09. ALOHA !

15  Thank ABIGKAHUN