16,991 results
All reviews rainbow tower ali tower tropics bar super pool tapa pool private pool pronto pickle hilton hawaiian village round table pizza paradise pool abc store waikiki beach ocean view fireworks show diamond head friday night fireworks lots of shops
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This hotel is very nice but also very crowded and very expensive - but most everything is in Honolulu. It certainly has everything you need with all the shops, ABC sundry stores, and restaurants. But, if you are looking for a relaxing vacation, go to Maui instead. The beds are only double so tight if two people are sleeping in each bed.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank bsweatt001
hhvguestservices, Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Aloha bsweatt001

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and providing us with feedback. We are committed to making every guest feel welcomed to our resort as well as providing quality accommodations and service. We truly hope to exceed all expectation and apologize if perhaps you were dissatisfied in any way. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our exclusive amenities and multiple dining/shopping opportunities. We hope to have you choose our property as your destination of choice in the near future.

Hilton Hawaiian Village Guest Services

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The wife and I were on our first ever trip to Hawaii, and as a Hilton Honors gold member, I naturally chose this property.
I was disappointed right from the point of checking in.
The check in process really soured what otherwise could have been a great stay.
As HH Gold, upgrades are offered when available, however I question why I had to pay $40 per night to upgrade?
If no upgradeable rooms are available when checking in, that's fine, but clearly, there was.
I should have been offered the upgrade, not made to pay for it.
I was also offended and embarrassed that the room I paid to upgrade to was a room for a wheelchair person.
Loved Hawaii, but not my stay at this property.
I am more than happy to have email dialogue with, and give more relevant details to management, if they care enough to contact me.
If not, i'll take this matter to Hilton Corporate and see what they have to say !
We stayed at this property March 28th-30th, and were in room 2039 of the Ali'i tower.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank DadNDave

Aloha DadNDave,

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand and for your review. We value your loyalty as a Hilton Honors Gold member and we sincerely apologize if you were not happy with your stay.We would like to speak directly to you if at all possible. Please feel free to contact our manager on duty at your convenience. We hope for the opportunity to speak with you soon and welcome you back on future travel for more pleasant stays.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Arrived at 2pm. the foyer looked like a zoo. no diamond checkin luckiny i ahd pre checked into a room i ddint want so went to pre checkin. the lady asked what tower i preferred aai said Rainbow. she offered an ocean view with 2 beds I said ok.
arrived at the room and could see the lagoon and waaaaaayy out a glimpse of ocean.I ahdnt booked ocean view so was ok with it but if i had paid for ocean I wouldnt be happy.the room was ok bathroom small but ok.the noice from the airport here is loud early in the morning and late at night I hadnt experienced this in 8 other trips to waikiki staying at moana hyatt and royal so obviously the hilton stops that noise.I like to leave door open at night and could hear every baby and screaming child.thats ok i should shut my door.air conditioner works well. corridors are freezing. the beach towels are the same as the bath towels( small) in the room.beach chairs $18 and umbrellas $35 I could buy one for that!requested checkout later than 11 as diamond given 12 midday when i called to ask for extension was told someone had personally requested that room . firstly what moron would request this room second I though you could not request any room at all.I would not return

2  Thank Roslyn B

Aloha Roslyn B,

Mahalo for taking the to time to provide your detailed review on Trip Advisor. It is unfortunate to hear that we fell short in so many aspects of your stay, such as the noise issues. Of course we also want all of our guests to have a problem free stay and we are very sorry if we let you down in any way. I assure you that our department managers and directors are reviewing our guest’s comments daily so we may improve our property and its operations. We are committed to making every guest have a positive experience with us and extend our apologies if we did not succeed in this. We truly want to welcome you back in the near future and want each of our guests to feel valued and cared for.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

When you get to the Hilton Hawaiian village, you are impressed by the exotic aspect of the entrance and the crowd.
The check in lines were huge, it took us half an hour to check in with the Hilton honor’s line, the regular lines were even longer.
You’re not greeted with a flower neckless at the arrival neither at the airport nor at the hotel, only the members of the Hilton grand vacation club (time share owners), do, and other private groups.
The resort is amazing, we stayed at the Rainbow tower, and the ocean view was unbelievable.
The place is beautiful but the crowd is such that you are surrounded by people and Noise all the time.
We went to the lagoon and the great lawn the following morning of our arrival at 7 AM in the morning,it was the prettiest place...we walked in the early fresh morning and had a wonderful time.
The next day we decided to try the lagoon and rent an aqua bike, we couldn’t recognize the place, the lawn was full of people the lagoon more crowded than any public beach, it was so different.
You can get a free towel per person, a beach chair for 18$ and an umbrella for 35$.
The aqua bike is 45$ for one hour, as are the pedal boards And other attractions .
The rainbow Tower was built in the 60’s and the rooms are good but the bathroom was old, everyday we had to fix the chain in the toilet tank. The bath tub was clogged after a couple of days and we had to call the maintenance.
The carpet in the room was pretty dirty and old, but coming from the beach with sandy flip flops didn’t help keeping it clean.
Everything inside the resort is over priced, breakfast buffet is 30$ continental (15$kids 12 and under), and 40$ American (20$kids 12and under). The best place in the whole resort is Lanikai cafe, where you get the best organic smoothies, acai bowls or anything with pineapple and coconut.
The beach is beautiful but the sand had a lot of rocks and pebbles. Not the white sand I was expecting, but a must do is to go to Lanikai beach, rated oahu’s best beach, with yoghurt sand like.
This hotel has very nice and big pools, one of them has slides.
I enjoyed some aspects of the stay but didn’t like others. I would not come back to this resort but I’m happy I did for a first time in Oahu.
We tried to eat at Fresco’s one of the resort restaurants, the greeter was so rude that we just walked out.
The opposite was true at Hatsuhana which had great japanese food and sushi with wonderful service. It was so good we ate there twice.
You have dozens of concierge throughout the resorts and they are very helpful and courteous.
The Luau is a great experience the food buffet is good and the show exceptional. This is an attraction worth doing, to get a better idea about hawaii and the polynesien culture in the pacific islands.
General entry is 111$
Golden entry $146
Platinum $166
You get better seats when you upgrade. The general tickets get to the buffet last.

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank TaniaSh1971
hhvguestservices, Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Aloha TaniaSh1971,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay. Hilton Hawaiian Village is committed to making every guest’s stay an enjoyable experience and regret to learn that we fell short in this. We are very grateful that we are a popular destination and extend our apologies if this created any challenges for you. We would also like to apologize for the problems you encountered in your guest room bathroom as well as your experience at Fresco. We will be reviewing your comments with our team and the Management team at Fresco and hope to make improvements to ensure we do not have these types of situations recur.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort and your accommodations/view in the Rainbow Tower. We always receive great comments about our Luau and was glad to hear you were able to take part in this wonderful cultural experience. Thank you once again and we hope you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Mahalo!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Right on Waikiki beach. Perfect view of the Friday night fireworks. Friendly staff. Plenty of close shopping and dining. What more can you ask for? The price is in line with the location and services provided.

Date of stay: March 2018