“No problems with check in on Thurday”

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Check in went fast on Thursday afternoon but I did not like the view in Tapa Although room was very nice. Went back and talked with someone else and explained view was very important so she found us corner room in Rainbow Tower. With 2 balconies we are very happy although room and bathroom are smaller. Very quiet, comfortable and service helpful. Recommend CJs Deli which serves breakfast all day at more reasonable price with good coffee. Thankful for on site clinic since my spouse arrived sick. Sorry no microwave but fridge is helpful. We are enjoying ourselves!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cpafan
Write a ReviewReviews (15,676)

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I stayed at the ALI tower for a week, the room was ok, the facilities are very nice, the surrounding shops and bars/restaurants are convenient but way expensive. I paid a fortune in parking, resort fees, and for a room I thought was facing the ocean only to have one that was facing diamond head and the ocean was kind of off to the side, I still had a nice view but it wasn't as I had expected. I needed help with getting a suit freshened up for a wedding of my niece and when I tried to get some assistance with that I had to fend for myself, when I booked it I was under the impression I'd have a concierge to handle everything, an unobstructed view of the ocean, and I'd be treated like a king. I was left with a partially facing room, a suit with wrinkles I took care of on my own, and I wasn't treated like a king at all, more like a hindrance since I didn't bring a family with me to pad everyone's pockets with. I will say the location of this place is amazing, you are inches away from the beach and the ocean, it has multiple pools, many restaurants and shops and it's adjacent to even more food and shops nearby, the boardwalk is pretty neat but sketchy at night, I made the mistake of getting caught by myself by two men who kept trying to get money from me, even suggested we could just take a walk to the ATM together (uhhhh yeah.), I just kept talking to them and being cool and finally was able to get away without incident. There are a ton of choices for places to stay when visiting Oahu, this one is a reasonably safe choice, but it is hideously expensive, and be sure when booking your room you make the distinction between ocean view and ocean front, I had no way to do that when I booked my room and it was a little disappointing when I got there.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank 646randalle
Reviewed 16 December 2017

Waikiki Hilton not really a hotel but a time share. Well used in dire need of make over. No value for the high rates charged. Almost at every turn someone was trying to get you to go to one of their Time Share seminars, even after repeatedly refusing. Everything within the Hilton complex is over priced, even for a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We stayed in the DiamondHead Tower with views of Waikiki Beach. We had a one bedroom suite which was perfect for our family. The property is beautiful, has everything you need and is right on the beach. The only problem we had was the check-in. It was unusually long (almost an hour for us just standing in lobby waiting). But, it was worth the wait!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mom_from_Virginia
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Hotel and amenities are very nice. Be prepared for long waits to check in and check out. 3 people in line for Hilton honors will require a 15 to 20 minute wait. I felt sorry for the non Hilton honors members as the line many times was about 15 to 20 people long.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Honolulu hotels
Hilton Waikiki Beach
#27 of 84 in Honolulu
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#7 of 84 in Honolulu
Prince Waikiki
#1 of 84 in Honolulu

Been to Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort

Address: 2005 Kalia Road, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815
Region: United States > Hawaii > Oahu > Honolulu > Waikiki
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#12 Top resorts Hotel in Honolulu
#19 Spa Hotel in Honolulu
#21 Luxury Hotel in Honolulu
#24 Business Hotel in Honolulu
#24 Romantic Hotel in Honolulu
#26 On the Beach Hotel in Honolulu
#27 Family Hotel in Honolulu
Price Range: $264 - $631 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort 4*
Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu