Pearl Hotel Waikiki
  • Beachfront
USD 619*
USD 545*
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
USD 502*
Travelocity
USD 364*
Agoda.com
1,259 results
All reviewsfront deskthe international marketfood pantryjunior suitestandard roomstreet noiseacross the streettwo blocksbus stopcentral locationcoffee makerfull kitchenhigher floorbalconywaikikihawaiimicrowave
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My friend and i just returned from a 9 day stay at Aqua Pearl and we can honestly say it was fantastic.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating. They assisted us with all our needs. The hotel has 24 hour security and reception.
The housekeeping was great, the hotel was always clean.
We were on the 7th floor in a Jr Suite with a Balcony, room was large with 2 double beds and had a good sized balcony.
5 mins walk to the beach, literally one block away.
The hotel is central to many restaurants, shops and clubs. It was perfect for us!

Room Tip: Make sure you select a room with a balcony. Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Pearl Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Aloha and mahalo for writing your review,

9 days at the Aqua Waikiki Pearl….how awesome! I am so happy you had a good time, strike that, I mean a ‘fantastic’ time. Our staff is just the bomb, they exude the aloha spirit. Tomorrow I am going to let the team know that their hard work in keeping the property clean is being appreciated by our guests. With the tropical breezes blowing the leaves everywhere, you know the challenge in keeping the hotel nice and clean.

Our location continues to be enjoyed by ALL of our guests, and it makes it so easy to get a bite to eat or do a little shopping.

Contact me before your next trip and I will personally assist you with your booking.

A hui hou, (a who-eee hoe) until we meet again,

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Just off Kuhio Ave at 415 Nahua, the modest entrance to the Aqua Waikiki Pearl may raise doubts about the wisdom of one's choice, especially if your primary reason for choosing was price.
However, the very friendly staff welcomes you and we had no difficulty checking in. Our room on the 8th floor was clean, cool, comfortable, well lit. Had a minifridge, microwave and coffee maker. We did not have a lanai, but did not feel the lack of it.
All staff was friendly and accomodative. Every question we had was answered and we felt like we were viewed as welcome guests. We had already arranged all our tours, etc., but the concierge was very friendly and we saw her helping another couple who seemed to appreciate her service.
Very convenient location, across from the International Marketplace and practically next door to an organic vegetable store.
We had booked another room for our daughter & son-in-law. Theirs was upgraded to one with a lanai.
Check out was a snap.
Computer in lobby for those who don't carry their own.
Wireless in lobby only, but if you carry a wire you can use it in your room and the wired internet access was great.
No complaints about the Pearl. A modest hotel that gave good value and proved to be a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: There is a charge for the fitness center--but who comes to Waikiki to use a fitness center? Go to the beach already...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
WaikikiPearl, General Manager at Pearl Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Aloha Jazz Mom,

Thank you for your review on our friendly staff and comfortable clean rooms. As a great value for many guests, the Aqua Waikiki Pearl is a wonderful option and we appreciate that you recognized that. Mahalo for choosing our hotel!

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Ok so im in Waikiki on business so wasnt too worried about where I stayed so long as it had internet access and was clean and in Waikiki. The staff here are lovely as with all the Aqua hotels I couldnt fault their politeness and helpfulness. My room was very spacious if not a little over the top for the amount of furniture there was. Having said that it met my needs. For a budget hotel it was ok. After all what do you do in your hotel room............. sleep and wash! I'd stay here again although it can be a little noisy due to the fact its so close to a main road. My only complaint would be the cleaner could do with dusting and hoovering a little more often.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rosie_priestley
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Pearl Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Aloha,

I am glad that you found our staff both helpful and polite. As you know, you never get a second chance at a first impression. Some people feel that the rooms are a little too large, but as least you were comfortable. We offer a lot of value and are one of Waikiki’s best kept secrets.
The Housekeeping Department will be notified today to make sure that they are dusting and vacuuming every room.

Contact me while booking your next trip so I may personally assist you.

Our very best to every guest each time and all the time,

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We've stayed here three times in the last 5 months and have thoroughly enjoyed the front office/front desk staff. Tracey, Gabe, Harry, Dexter and Clif have bent over backwards to make sure our every request was met--and with a smile. You definitely get that "at home" feeling. I highly recommend this hotel--especially if you're on a budget like us!

Room Tip: The living room in the one (or more) bedroom with kitchen is huge. It comfortably fits a rollaway even with the fold out sofa.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Pearl Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Aloha and thank you for your review,

WOW, I am going to let Tracy, Gabe, Harry, Dexter and Cliff know that their hard work and attitude does not go unnoticed by our guests! The team works very hard at keeping our guests comfortable and happy.

We try and treat our guests as family, because we try and treat the hotel as if it were our home. Our location and great value keeps everyone coming back again and again, just like yourselves.

Thank you for your future recommendations, and please contact me before your next visit so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

A hui hou ( a who-eee hoe) until we meet again,

Reviewed 2 April 2012

My partner & I stayed at this hotel for 13 days in March. It's located in the centre of Waikiki, with plenty of restaurants & shopping nearby. The beach is 5 - 10 mins walk away.
The hotel & rooms were very clean and well-serviced - the only thing we saw which could be improved was some dust & fluff on the air-conditioning unit, but this was a very minor detail.
Check-in and Check-out were quick, friendly, and very efficient.
While there is no pool or restaurant in the hotel, the beach is only 5 - 10 mins walk and there are loads of restaurants nearby - Denny's does great breakfasts on a budget.
We were asking in reception where we could buy a sun umbrella for our friends' toddler. No need they said, and gave us one free for the week.
It's also located beside a stop on the main bus route, so getting around is simple and relatively inexpensive.
Very happy with our stay. Hope to return sometime in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Pearl Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Aloha,

13 days with us at the Pearl qualifies you as a kama’aina (comma-eye-nah) or local resident .You were able to enjoy our great location as do many of our guests. Our housekeeping staff work so hard in keeping the property clean and thank you for noticing.

We try and get our guests in/out as quickly as possible; the last thing you want to do when you’re on vacation is to have to stand in line in the lobby. We hope to see you soon also.
Contact me before your next return trip and I will personally assist you with your booking.

Mahalo nui loa, (thank you very much)