New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great Price, Location, and Very Clean” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aqua Waikiki Pearl

Ranked #63 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Price, Location, and Very Clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Excellent place to stay. On top of value for the price, the staff is very friendly! This was our second time staying here and we are pleased once again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WaikikiPearl, General Manager at Aqua Waikiki Pearl, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Aloha and welcome back,

Mahalo, or thank you for your review. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us again. Isn’t our staff just awesome? We have weekly training with all of our team members and I constantly tell them that ‘our guests might nor remember what you said, they might not remember how you said it, BUT they WILL remember how you made them feel”.

That is why the aloha spirit is alive and kicking at the Aqua Waikiki Pearl Hotel. I am glad you found the value we have to offer at our hotel. Please contact me before booking your return trip so I may personally assist you. Once again, thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to submit this review.

A hui hou (a who-wee hoe) until we meet again,

Aqua Waikiki Wave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Korean first
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

My wife and I spent 10 days here and found our room to be adequate and clean. Prior to the trip, we asked for and got a King size bed instead of 2 Double beds,which was nice. There is a fridge, microwave,coffee maker ( with daily free coffee and tea) and a Safe for storing your valuables while you are out. It can get noisy occasionally at night because of a Sports Bar next door although we find that it's not bad enough to prevent us from getting a good night sleep. There is free Wifi in the room for your laptops ( not wireless,cable ) and free Wifi in the lobby for Iphones. Service staff members like Dexter,Alex,all of them are super friendly and will go out of their way to help. Beach towels are free to use daily and Waikiki beach is only 5 minutes away. Starbuck is just around the corner and cheap breakfast places like Seaside Grill and Eggs'n Things are just a few blocks away. Check out Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza Kitchen a few blocks away for excellent dining experience.
Overall this Hotel is Excellent value for those who are on a Budget and my wife and I will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors are a little quieter but we were still OK on the 4th floor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Aloha Jimbo902,

Thank you for your glowing review. I am glad that you found the amenities in your room useful, many of our guests truly appreciate having both a microwave and a fridge to store and warm up their leftovers and snacks from the night before. Although the Sports Bar is next door, everything seems to be a dull roar for the most part. With our location and size of our rooms, we feel that our value is far greater than any of our perceived challenges.

As you realized, our location is so central with all of the eateries and transportation available. I will let Dexter and Alex know that they are appreciated and share your review with them. As the Area General Manager, I feel that our staff do an excellent job in sharing the ‘aloha’ spirit with our guests, and treat them like family, or ohana.

A hui hou (a who-wee hoe) until we meet again,

Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Lovely hotel at the best location I can imagine. Spent a whole week at the hotel, and was greeted by the hospitable staff every single day! Special thanks to Gabriel who helped to sort out the room downgrade issue, and Dexter for being extra friendly! Will recommend to friends.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank J L
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Aqua Waikiki Pearl, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Aloha and thank you for your review,

What gracious and kind words, thank you very much. You would have seen everything if you stayed with us for an entire week, the good, the bad, and the funny. I will let both Gabriel and Dexter know that their efforts were appreciated. And thank you for recommending us to your friends, we love referral business and will strive to do better always.

Before you book your return trip, contact me so that I may personally assist you.

A hui hou (ah-who-eeee hoe) Until we meet again

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

If you are looking for a clean and convenient hotel in Honolulu, you should seriously consider the Pearl. It is in the heard of Waikiki, less than 5 min from the beach. The hotel was recently renovated and it looks great. The staff is friendly and very helpful. There is a great bar in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Al R
Aloha and thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to write such a pleasant review,

Our recent renovations have dramatically improved the hotel from what it was when we took over management of the property. So centrally located, people like yourself have a genuine appreciation for where we are. Our staff will be quite happy when I share this review with them. Their hard efforts are not going unnoticed, and as a manager, this is the proof in the pudding. We strive to have each and every one of our Team Members do everything in the ‘spirit of excellence’, and this is the fruit of that training. The Legends Bar is very popular with both locals and our guests, offering a variety of cocktails.

I am going to share this review with our staff, so that they know that their hard work is not going unnoticed. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for your popular review.

A hui hou (ah-who-eeee hoe) Until we meet again,

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

When I thought of the savings I made, I thought I was going to get the same type of service. Boy was I wrong. Upon walking into the hotel, my family was greeted with such warm 'Aloha Spirit', clean and comfortable rooms. Housekeeping was on spot. Gabriel and Dexter were so helpful. They answered every question we had and even pointed us to some very exciting spots to tour and even gave us some 'local' advise. I would highly recommend this hotel for its great customer service, excellent housekeeping, great location and accommodating prices.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade to Jr. Suite. Worth the extra buck.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Justyn R
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Aqua Waikiki Pearl, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Aloha and thank you for you review,

The ALOHA SPIRIT is alive at our hotel. We work with our team members every day and share with them that this is ‘their home’ and everyone who comes to stay is staying at ‘their home’. Our housekeepers work very hard at keeping our rooms clean and presentable. I will share your review with Gabriel and Dexter, only 2 of our shining stars at the Pearl. We feel that our team members and our location is a package that is tough to match in Waikiki. On your return trip, contact me before you make your reservations so I can personally help you. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Mahalo nui loa (ma-ha-low new-ee low-uh) thank you very much