New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

The ‘Okina, Autograph Collection
Ranked #58 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We had a room on the 7th floor opposite a multi-storey parking lot. We came on Friday night and it was really noisy. As we were told there had been no other free room we had to get used to it. As we stayed for 4 nights and did not spend much time in the room, it met our needs. The room was clean but there was some insect (not sure those were cockroaches). There are only two relatively slow lifts. The location is great, in the centre of Waikiki. Staff was very friendly. We booked our stay on our arrival date and we would hardly get a better deal in such situation.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WaikikiWave, General Manager at The ‘Okina, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Aloha,

Sometimes the weekend noise can get a little loud because of the restaurants and night clubs that are around us. I am sorry that the Front Desk would say that you would have to ‘get used to it’. Were you able to ask for a manager to share your concerns? We could have addressed and resolved that situation quickly for you.

You will be happy to know that we are on schedule for our elevator modernization program and should have that situation resolved. I am happy that you were able to book a room on the same day that you arrived. We offer a lot of value with a very central location in Waikiki.

Contact me while booking your next trip so I may personally assist you.

Our very best to every guest each time and all the time,

Aqua Waikiki Pearl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at the Aqua Wave for just under a week in April this year. We were in the Deluxe 1 bedroom Suite on the 11th Floor. Our party was made up of three single adults and we each had our own Queen size beds, 1 in the bedroom, 2 in the lounge room (only other room). The room was so large that it felt like we had our own rooms within the lounge room anyway. We had a partial view of the ocean from both of our balconies. The room was very clean when we arrived and continued to be cleaned to a high standard throughout our stay. The bathroom was quite old but very functional and had all we needed. The location is ideal, close to the beach, shops and restaurants. It did get a little noisy one Saturday night but nothing we couldn't sleep through. Ear plugs were provided for those who are lighter sleepers. Each and every staff member was friendly and helpful from day one right through to checkout. I'd stay here again in a flash, it is also extremely good value for money.

Room Tip: We stayed in 1115 and couldn't fault it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aloha and mahalo for your review,

Our rooms are larger than most and it is a quite surprise to many of our guests. Flora and her team take pride in keeping all of our rooms very, very clean and I will share your comments with them today. We try and instill with our team that if we can all try to do everything ‘in the spirit of excellence’ that we are going to make a difference. Since we feel that the hotel is our home, our guests are like extended family or ohana (oh-ha-na). Contact me while booking your next trip so I may personally assist you.

Our very best to every guest each time and all the time,

Broadbeach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Aqua Waikiki Wave. Though only there for one night, this was my 6th trip to Waikiki & I found the location was perfect, especially as I was traveling on my own. Right in the heart of Waikiki, 2mins to the beach, shops, & a Starbucks across the road, perfect! I arrived earlier than the check-in time, but staff quickly had me pre-sign all the documents, held my bags, & even offered me use of a beach towel so I could enjoy the sunshine before accessing my room. The room itself was bigger than I expected & very clean with a very comfortable bed. They even had ear plugs supplied in case you found it noisy due to the central location, and though I didn't need them, I thought it was fantastic they addressed the issue before it became an issue. Room internet was quick & the business centre in the lobby came in very handy to print vouchers. Overall a very positive experience & I will definitely be back! Mel - Australia

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aloha and thank you so much for writing your review,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay although it was only for 1 night. Those beds are just ‘the bomb’ and so many of our guests want to know where we get our beds from. Providing the ear plugs is just another example of our team trying to be proactive and putting our guests’ comfort first and foremost.

Contact me while booking your next trip so I may personally assist you.

A hui hou (a who-eee hoe) until we meet again,

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Aloha!
I stayed at another Aqua chain hotel for two nights in Honolulu, and this was by far the best!
It is located on one of the main streets with many shops and restaurants super close.
The staff are very friendly, better then most I've had around the world. That also went for the other Aqua though...really friendly staff :)
Rooms were great, clean, and had everything you need. The view from our balcony was beautiful too. In the lobby there is "Bare Foot Massage"..which isn't associated with the hotel but is definitely worth a visit! I had the best massage (it was a lomi lomi) EVER!
Overall I would recommend this hotel for people in the average price range as it was close to everything you need in downtown Honolulu, and it was clearly managed by very dedicated staff!!

Room Tip: Our room was great, not sure what I could compare it to. We were on the 7th floor, our view was on t...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WaikikiWave, General Manager at The ‘Okina, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Aloha and thank you for your review,

WOW, I am going to tell our staff that they have been recognized on a world wide level by one of our guests. The team works very hard at keeping our guests comfortable and happy.

Our location is so popular with our guests as it was with you also. Flora and her Housekeeping team do an excellent job keeping the rooms clean and well stocked. And our Bare Foot massage is one of the best kept secrets in Waikiki; glad you had a chance to enjoy it.

Thank you for your future recommendations, and please contact me before your next visit so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

A hui hou ( a who-eee hoe) until we meet again,

Qualicum Beach, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

This is the second time in 2 years that we have stayed at the Aqua Waikiki Wave. The location is great and central to everything you want to see in Waikiki. The rooms are quite big compaired to other hotel rooms in Waikiki for buildings of the same age. The house keeping staff were always very nice and took an interest in how are vacation was going. As well they would ask if we were enjoying our stay with them. The rooms were always made up like it was the first day we got there. The rooms come with a small Fridge, Microwave and Coffee Maker, so you can make/have a few items to eat in your room to stretch your budget. The linen was always impeccably clean and changed quite often. As I know, because my four year old or myself seem to spill a little something every-other-day on the bed, but not big enough too really notice. We would always come back to find fresh linen that afternoon on our beds. I can't say enough about the staff there, they really made our stay great. They always greated us with a big smile and assisted us with every request. We especially like James and William, the Bellmen up front, James always made my little guy smile & would joke around with him and he was always so happy and nice to talk to. He is quite a character. Also Isaac, at the front desk, was super helpful with any questions we had about the hotel and the whole of Waikiki. He always gave us great tips on things to do in Hawaii. He remember us from last year and we were greatful to him then, as he told us not to buy our food and the FOOD PANTRY just down the street, but to go to the SAFEWAY just a little northwest of the resort. That tip saved us a large amount of money and made the FOOD PANTRY look like a big rip off. Bring your Safeway Club Card or if you don't have one get one. You save even more there if you use it. Sometime $40 a trip to the store. So Isaac and James were probably some of the biggest reasons we came back to the Aqua Waikiki Wave, as well as the rest of the staff. I recommend packing light to Hawaii as there are amazing bagains everywhere. We learned our lesson from the previous year. As good as I felt about all the bargains we found at the DSL (duty free shops just around the corner) and Waikele Premium Outlets Mall, I felt bad for William who helped us with our bags when we were leaving. They were all pretty heavy but he did not make even a peep about it. We also learned from last year to pay a bit more and go up to the 11th floor. Last year we were on the sixth and the Night clubs on Friday night get pretty loud and the base from the music seems to transfer to your bed. This year up higher it was not even an issue. We slept soundly in their VERY comfortable beds. My wife was just 5 months pregnant when we got there and was having a tough time sleeping at home. Once we were there, she commented that she had had the best 2 weeks of sleep in the past 4 months. When we got home the other night, she said she missed the hotels bed. There is also a great massage place just off the lobby of the hotel called the "BARE FOOT MASSAGE". Again for value it cannot be beat. For $35 each, my wife and I were treated to around 45 minutes of head, neck, back, leg and foot massage by Jessica. So for Location and Price, I don't think you will find a better deal than the Aqua Waikiki Wave. As for cleanliness and the staff, they are truely a FANTASTIC BONUS, that should make the hotel more like a 4 star. Obvioulsy a credit to the Managers treatment of the staff, as they seem to like their jobs very much. Thanks guys we will be back again next year.
Ken, Mandy and Aidan

Room Tip: Higher floors get you away from the club noise on Friday and Saturday nights
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KenTangu
WaikikiWave, General Manager at The ‘Okina, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Aloha,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. How Big are those rooms… not too bad huh? Our Exec Housekeeper Flora takes pride in her team and their efforts show it. She is also responsible for the linen and makes it her personal mission to have quality and consistency on a daily basis.

I am going to share your review with our staff and I know that Issac, William, and James will be happy to know that their efforts don’t go unnoticed. The team that I manage is one of the best I’ve had, and with more than 30 years experience in the hotel industry that says something.

Those beds are so comfy and sometimes you just want to lay there forever. I am so very happy that you and your family had a great stay with us and we look so forward to seeing you again.

Contact me before your return trip so I may personally assist you with your reservations,

A hui hou (a who-eee hoe) until we meet again,