My husband and I stayed here for 5 days. Some rooms in the hotel are currently being refurbished but we knew about it beforehand. The location of the hotel is fantastic, walking distance to Waikiki (10-15min) in a very peaceful and quiet area next to Kapiolani park. I haven't rated the hotel with 5 stars due to the small room size, lack of kettle/coffee machine in the room, very small bath towels and the refurbishment works which theoretically start daily at 9am but in practice you can start hearing the noise from 7:30am. Everything else exceeded our expectations (cleanliness, comfy bed, new decor, L'occitane toiletries...).
The staff is very friendly. Upon our arrival we were given a room on the third floor. We booked an Ocean Superior room but could only see palm trees out of the window so asked at reception whether they could give us another room and we were relocated to the 8th floor which had the Ocean view we were dreaming about. The hotel has a helpdesk with a very friendly person who provides you with as much information as you need about places to visit, activities to do during your stay, etc.
The hotel has a parking area ($23/day) but if you don't want to pay the daily rate you could safely park your car on the street (there's plenty of free parking on the opposite side of Kapiolani park). If you rent a car through the hotel's website beware that the prize doesn't include the compulsory car insurance ($35-$80 per day!!).
There's a small convenience store next to the hotel (for which there's a one off 10% discount for the hotel guests) and direct access to the beach. The New Otani Kaimana is very good value for your money. Recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take advantage of its paradisiacal setting, The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel is a refreshing escape from the crowds of Waikiki. This boutique hotel sits right on one of Honolulu’s best white-sand beach, cradled next to the slopes of Diamond Head Crater, and located directly across from the 108 acre Kapiolani Park, perfect for those seeking a recreational or romantic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel
- New Otani Kaimana Beach Honolulu
- Kaimana Beach Hotel
- New Otani Hawaii
- The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu