“Wonderful Anniversary Trip”

Roy's Waikiki Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Waikiki Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 2,454 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Roy's is always a favorite when traveling to Hawaii. The well trained staff and exceptional cuisine are always a delight.

The host was very thorough in taking our reservation and noting details and preferences about our stay. I mentioned it was a special occasion and they not only acknowledged that but gave us a lovely secluded table by a window. The staff are truly exceptional and one of the best aspects of the dining experience.

The cuisine is especially good and I like that they mention sustainability measures that affect the local fish populations of the Hawaiian Islands. We both had the tasting menu with pairings and of course chocolate souffle for dessert.

When visiting Hawaii I make a point of visiting Roy's, I have always been exceptionally pleased with my experience and would highly recommend the Waikiki location.

1  Thank nicholasmbarton
Write a ReviewReviews (2,932)

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Overall the best dining experience so far.

Roy's is located on the main Street of Waikiki it was easy to get too but becareful of traffic if walking.

We were greeted and served by a very knowledgeable young man who explained the finer details of the food and cocktails and was able to make fantastic recommendations.

The atmosphere is a little noisy but it's a small nitpick because the food is perfect. We ordered the spring rolls, pork belly and escargot, they were all perfect. Beautifully balanced flavoures and perfectly cooked. For mains we had the butterfish, salmon and ahi tuna. All were perfectly cooked, had a delicious fusion of flavours that respected the protein well.

I'd highly recommend Roy's if your looking for great food. It is however a little pricey but it's to be expected.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Roy's came highly recommended so we booked early. When we arrived, we still had to wait for a table for a while however. The food was pretty good, though both my mother's and my girlfriend's steaks were overcooked, despite asking for medium rare. We all ordered the signature chocolate soufflés for dessert, which was really delicious - though unfortunately, my mother's was actually undercooked and raw inside. Overall, it was a pretty nice meal however.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Everything about this place is excellent. All of their food is amazing (try the poke) as are the excellent drinks and service. One of my favorite restaurants of all time. Asian fusion started at Roy's. What a great place, will certainly visit again next time in Hawaii.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

The food and service are great but unfortunately it was icy cold inside and the noise was between 80 and 90 decibels which did not allow us tu understand each other.
This should be improved (at least for our European ears).