“Amazing service and food”

Ocean House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 2,420 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Description: The Ocean House on the beach at Waikiki offers casual elegance, stunning views, an innovative menu and a promise of a superb dinning experience.
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Service was amazing and very professional. Constantly asking if we needed anything. Food and drinks came out very fast. Our main was very expensive but it was delicious. Probably the best lobster I've ever had. It was my birthday and the staff brought out a complimentary dessert which I thought was lovely. The view at sunset was so beautiful as well. Overall, was very good and we had a great time!

SBOHManager, Manager at Ocean House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Aloha YasmineSchultenkamp,
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed celebrating your birthday with us and that we could make it a memorable evening for you! We will be sure to share your compliments with our Staff and with out Chef. We look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Ocean House Restaurant

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Ocean House delivered an amazing dining experience. The food was outstanding and the service impeccable. The ocean view was spectacular. The staff even took a photo of us and presented it to us prior to leaving. Overall I couldn't fault anything. The perfect night out in Waikiki.

SBOHManager, Manager at Ocean House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Aloha Steve D.,
We are so glad that you could join us on your visit to Oahu! We love that you had a great time and will be sharing your review with our Chef and Staff. We hope you have a great time in Oahu and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

From the moment we sat down, this dining experience was perfection at its best. I made the reservation on opentable a few days prior and stated in the comments section that we would be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. Our server, Nick, handed us menu portfolios. We opened them to find personalized menus wishing us a happy 20th wedding anniversary. We had many questions as my daughter has a tree nut allergy and we don't like to eat onions. Nick was extremely patient and recommended the scallop appetizer as it did not have any onions, but more importantly sauce to die for. Each of us loved it with the bread. My husband had the sunset prime rib special, while my daughter had shrimp scampi, son had kids fettuccine Alfredo and I had a crusted fish special. Each of the meals was outstanding! Nick also took a photo of our table and handed us printed copy in an anniversary card by the end of our meal. Halfway through the meal the shades were lifted so that all could enjoy the sunset. My daughter and I stepped outside to get better pics. We were full so we didn't order dessert but Nick treated us to a wonderful that I am unable remember the name of but pictures of everything posted below. We all remarked that that bar would be very high to beat this meal. During our entire 10 day Hawaiian vacation across 3 islands, hands down the best food and service our entire stay. Special thanks to our server Nick for making our 20th anniversary dinner one for the memory books!!

Aloha atlantisaug,
We are so glad to have been able to celebrate your 20th wedding anniversary with you and create a memorable evening for your family. We love that you all enjoyed your appetizers and food. We are very lucky to have Nick as part of our Ocean House Ohana and will be sharing your compliments with him and with our Chef. We hope you enjoyed your vactaion to the islands and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Ocean House has, for many, many years, been our go-to place for special occasions or to take friends when they visit Hawaii. Also, as a tour guide in Pearl Harbor, I often get asked where I would recommend eating in Waikiki. I always recommend Ocean House and several times have had people contact me and thank me for the recommendation. We love everything about it...the atmosphere, service, amazing view of the sunset, food...everything. We always request Tiago to be our waiter, but even if he is not there, the service is amazing. The only negative thing I can say is that, sadly, September 30 will be their last day. This will be like losing an old friend. Birthdays and anniversaries won't be quite the same. We wish everyone there good luck in their future endeavors.

Aloha rdalby,
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us on Yelp and on TripAdvisor! We are so grateful for your patronage over the years and hope that you'll be able to join us before September 30th to celebrate our Aloha Oe. We will pass along your wishes to our staff and owers. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

What a super place to eat and the waiter Nick was the best. The view was perfect and the food was amazing.

Aloha allaroundtheworld847,
Thank you so much for joining us for dinner and taking the time to share your recent dining experience with us. We are so glad that you had a great time and enjoyed services by Nick. We will be sure to share your compliments with Nick and with our Chef. We hope to see you again!