“A Little Slice of Home”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Honolulu
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Mei Sum is known for their dim sum, though I usually end up visiting in the afternoon or evening (not prime time for dim sum). My favorite order isn't exactly on the menu - I order dry beef chow fun with chow sum & garlic (it usually comes with green bell peppers, onions & black beans). It's delicious!

The dim sum is also good - I also had a large char siu bao (BBQ pork bun) that was warm & tasty!

Mei Sum does get busy at times, so you really do need to make yourself visible to make sure you get service. One time I came in when they were packed & grabbed the table in the right rear of the restaurant, near one opening to the kitchen. I sat there for 15-20 minutes before anyone checked on me - it was fine, I wasn't in any hurry. They assumed I was waiting for a takeout order, since I was sitting where folks sit to wait for their to-go orders! ;) They were so sorry & treated me like a prince after that - even chatting with me in Cantonese for a short while, which was a fun & brief conversation because I only know food & swear words in Cantonese! ;)

Mei Sum is one of my go-to places for comfort food & a little slice of home.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We ordered Dim Sum. My husband loved the food. It is not my cup of tea but I tasted a number of dishes. The meatballs arrived 15 minutes AFTER we had finished everything else. We had to call a waitress for dessert and she went to get the tray and got sidetracked and forgot all about us. It was very expensive for what we got. When we went to pay our bill, the hostess/waitress said, "You left the tip on the table, didn't you?" As we never saw the same person twice and we had to call every time we needed anything, NO, we didn't leave a tip. A tip is for good service and earned. The restaurant was very dirty and the door to the public bathroom should be changed because even pure javax couldn't put a dent into the caked on grime on the door.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

If you like the kind food that you can sample a little bit of everything . Then this is the place!!! good food, and fast services is kinda hard to find nowadays

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

We come here every time we visit oahu (which is several times a year). Having tried dim sum at different places throughout the US, I can say this is the best I've had. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Andi K
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I love dim sum! I was in the area for a short trip, and decided on this restaurant after reading reviews. It didn’t disappoint! We went on a weekday for lunch, and the place was quite packed. They have a picture menu, and ladies go around pushing carts stacked with a wide assortment of dim sum. Everything we ordered was tasty! You can also order other popular Chinese dishes besides dim sum. I definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank macchadiary