“Delicious Malasadas”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Reviewed 26 August 2021

Malasadas sent from heaven. Hot, creamy and delicious. The malasadas were light and airy. The line moved quicky and the service was amazing. The best tasting.

Reviewed 25 August 2021 via mobile

The bakery here is amazing, there is a bit if a wait because of the amount of people ordering. Order ahead if you can. Cream filled malasadas were amazing.

Reviewed 24 August 2021

We drove by 3 times in one day because our daughter was moving into her dorm nearby. The line wrapped around the side the first 2 times so we didn't bother stopping. Around noon, it was just trickling outside the door so we jumped out and got in line. Currently they allow 6 inside at a time, 2 employees. We ordered one of each malasada.
I personally don't like custard so I only was interested in the regular malasadas. My favorite was the sweet/sour but I liked the regular sugar and cinnamon, too. The filled ones were enjoyed by my family, but my husband said with coffee, the plain ones are probably better (personal opinion). We ate a few the first day when they were warm and the rest the next day and they were still good.
The dough consistency is sooo good. My husband surprisingly said it might be one of the best donuts he's had. I didn't expect that as he's not much of a sweet guy.
The donut's are made to order so you order, pay and wait. The wait was not terribly long - 10-15 minutes? They do offer coffee drinks as well and few other things.
Glad we went and didn't wait forever as many do. I'd probably go back sometime but no rush. Certainly worth doing it though! I'm guessing overall later in the day the wait is not as bad.

Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

I went to one of their food trucks. I was pleasantly surprised by the product and the value for the money. Try multiple varieties of the Maladadas. The coconut filling and original were my choices. They have an interesting looking original location. I went to a food truck in a marina shopping center by KoKo Crater.

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

My first time to this place. I do have to say that it was a good experience and the cream filling was the best part. Just plan accordingly because the line was really long. We got there before they open and the line wrapped around the building, but it is expected because of their popularity. However, there is another food truck near a mall that we stumbled upon that serves the same with the same taste but bigger and cheaper. At least I could say that I tried it.

Date of visit: July 2021