3 people have started booking this hotel
USD 177
Free cancellation until 25/09/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 165
Hotels.comUSD 165
eDreamsUSD 177
Trip.comUSD 220
4,078 results
All reviews great location pineapple juice continental breakfast boogie boards beach towels courtesy room two blocks tea and coffee rooms are small junior suite bus stop air conditioner short walk to the beach valet parking every morning would definitely stay here again street noise
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a pleasant, comfortable and cost-effective establishment less than 5 mins from the beach (near the Duke statue). From certain other reviews, it seems like some people have the wrong expectations before showing up... so to be clear, this is NOT a 5-star luxury resort. If you want the real high-end stuff, right on the beach, in Waikiki you're gonna have to fork over the big bucks. For those who don't need the most expensive place but still want to be decently comfortable, this is a very good choice.

Besides being close to the beach, it is also pretty close to convenience stores, cafes/Starbucks, car rental (at the Hyatt building) and yummy restaurants. There is some great pizza at Lovin' Oven inside the Aqua Bamboo hotel across the street.

The friendly front desk handled check-in smoothly, and can provide towels and basic beach gear for free. There is a handy desktop PC on the ground floor. I had a queen bedroom, which had an adequate amount of space for 1 person, and had a decent view out towards the beach. Room cleanliness and housekeeping seemed fine. The bathroom sink area is a bit small, and I didn't like that the storage shelf is pretty high, but the bathtub is fine. Plus, there are some good bathroom products (The Archive). Free Wifi worked well, as did the AC. The small fridge came with 2 free small bottles of water. The TV was decent size and had a surprisingly decent number of channels. The staff responded quickly when I asked for an iron and board. No problems with noise from other guests. I had no issues with checking out.

I had a rental car for 1 night, and there is valet parking onsite, which was quite satisfactory and friendly. The price seems like the norm for this area.

The included breakfast is pretty basic and just OK, more continental style with some breads and fruit. But the sitting area is pretty comfortable and spacious.

There was some construction going on inside, which occasionally had some noise in the daytime, but really wasn't too bad.

This was definitely a great stay and I'd seriously consider returning the next time I visit lovely Oahu.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
9  Thank GMK1954
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Comfort, location, service,and value! Couldn't ask for a better stay! My room was spacious, clean, renovated, and more than I expected! I lived in Waikiki for 7 years and this hotel surpassed my expectations on all levels. The stay was helpful and courteous. I WILL be staying here again.

1  Thank Nennjielsen
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We only stayed 1 night, but we were impressed, my wife and I were greeted with a cold towel and pineapple juice, on check in, the room was nice, clean, and comfortable, The lobby was very impressive, seemed like a place to hang out, they did offer us beach equipment, not sure exactly how far the beach is, but they have everything you need. Parking was 25 dollars a day, I've paid more at other places, but the parking attendant "Ty", who also brought our bags to the room, what a nice, courteous, and helpful employee...he really made an impression... we were having problems with the key, when he arrived with our bags, he got the key to work, but went downstairs got us 2 new keys to be sure, and brought us a bag of ice for the room. Then when we went out for dinner that night, he got us our car, asked where we were going and if we needed directions, and when we got back, asked how dinner was and just very friendly... and on check out, the girl at the front desk, again very friendly, had our car waiting for us..only stayed one night, very impressive, friendly staff, and the entire place is run very efficiently...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 325GaryM2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a week in early June 2014. We've been to Waikiki quite a few times in the past and have always stayed at hotels that are closer to the ocean and have more of a resort feel. I knew that Vive Hotel was not a resort, but was I wasn't expecting it to feel so un-Hawaiian. The hotel was clean and modern, but it could have been located anywhere in the country...there was no Hawaiian feel or decor anywhere to be found. There's nothing in the place that says "You're in Hawaii!" I'm sure that works for some people, but my wife and I found this to be a big downer.

Our room seemed smaller than any other hotel we've stayed at before. That didn't bother us too much though. The bed was very comfortable and everything seemed to be super clean. We did find ourselves longing for a balony/lanai so we could walk outside and enjoy the breeze and fresh air. We also found the sink area in the bathroom to be awkwardly small. I bumped my head on the shelf several times due to the tight layout.

The best part of our experience at Vive Hotel was the great service we received. The people there are very friendly and accommodating and always seem to have smiles on their faces. The worst part was that our room was located in an area of the hotel that was under construction. The carpet in our hallway was covered with plastic for the entire week we were there, making it seem like we were staying in a construction zone. Also, there were sounds of drilling and sawing coming from the rooms across the hall from us on a few days we were wanting to sleep in a little.

So, in summary, the place was just not for us. It would have gotten a 4 out of 5 if it weren't for the construction zone feel of the room we stayed in. If you're looking for a clean hotel that has a modern feel and is centrally located, then this place is worth a try. If you prefer a more Hawaiian-feeling hotel for your Hawaiian vacation or if you prefer a normal-sized room or lanai, then this place is not for you.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kristopher P
Daniel S, Front Office Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Kristopher P,
Aloha and thank you for choosing Vive Hotel Waikiki for your recent trip to Oahu. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to write your review and providing comments about our property.
As you mentioned, our boutique hotel is aimed for a modern trendy décor as opposed the typical Hawaiian floral print you will find at all the surrounding resorts and hotels. While this is attractive to some guests, it can also work the other way around for other guests as well.
Our rooms are cozy and as you mentioned, a bit on the smaller side. We do try our best to utilize and maximize space with what we have while still providing reasonable space. I apologize about this and hope this did not heavily impact your stay in a negative manner.
I am delighted to read the service you received was a positive one. All of our staff genuinely enjoy assisting guests to ensure they can make the most of their vacation and travels. One of many of our valued asset.
All in all, your feedback greatly valued and is duly noted, it is with your comments that we can improve in areas that need perfection.
On behalf of staff and management, thank you again and we hope your return visit to Oahu was an excellent one. Take care.

Mahalo,
M. Otto.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed 4 nights here and truly enjoyed it. I came in with high expectations but this hotel was everything I thought it would be. Great location in the heart of Waikiki but tucked away from the hustle of Kalakaua Ave. Walking distance to the beach, shopping, and restaurants. Good location to head off on adventures as you don't get stuck in traffic like other hotels, but bus stops are near by too if your not renting a car. I have stayed at a few boutique hotels in Waikiki and this one I feel has the best value for all the amenities included. As other travelers mentioned, the rooms are on the smaller side, but who wants to stay inside while vacationing in Hawaii anyways. The room was tastefully decorated, clean, modern, well appointed, and included everything you would need. I didn't interact much with the staff but when I did they were always very friendly. I will definitely recommend this hotel and will be sure to stay here again on my next getaway!

Room tip: Request a quiet room on higher floors
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank CS1107
Daniel S, Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear CS1107,
Thank you for taking your time to post your comments about your recent stay with us here at Vive Hotel Waikiki.
I am very glad to hear that you found us to be a great value for what we offer, I would have to concur with you as well. It was a pleasure to have you with us and we truly hope to see you again in the near future.
Thank you again and take care.

D. Sakakibara