Honolulu's Police Department Museum
Open today: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Review Highlights
Great tour and history lesson

A very big heart felt thank you to Officer L. Fatu for an hour long very interesting and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
simon_t_travels
Greater Melbourne, Australia
via mobile
Hawaii 5-0

I just like to say MAHALO NUI LOA to Officer Fatu for giving us such an AWESOME and VERY... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
pupug96734
Waimanalo, Hawaii
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Honolulu
from USD 57.59
from USD 96.75
from USD 25.00
from USD 35.00
More Info
All reviews law enforcement interesting stories honolulu history private tour personal tour great insight taking photos well worth the visit great tour curator artifacts detective fiction highlights hawaii founded government
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Visited the Honolulu PD museum. What a great place full of history and some very interesting stories. Officer Fatu was a great host and has a wealth of knowledge. Well worth the visit.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Great tour thanks to Officer Dana Fatu, & the amazing hidden gem of a museum. Don’t be put off because it’s inside the police station.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I'm a local resident of forty years or so, Hawai'i, and particularly Honolulu history a passion of mine. Stopped at the museum after an errand at headquarters. The exhibits are good, what you'd expect in a museum for a department as old as ours spanning monarchy times, through WWII, to present.
The real gem of the collection was Officer Dana Fatu, the docent. I was alone, no other guests. He spent over an hour explaining virtually each primary exhibit. Understanding that I knew more than most casual visitors, he skipped the tourist generalities and worked hard to give me interesting facts and stories I might not know, and really succeeded.
Getting acquainted with Officer Fatu was the best part of this visit, I was so impressed with his pride of the collection, respect for his department, and extremely affable expression of Aloha Spirit. I highly recommend a visit to tourists, and locals alike.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I was at the police museum Feb 27. I wanted to pick up a patch and didn’t even realize that there was a museum. The tour was amazing and Dana was a very good host. Coming from a big city police department, It was good to share ideas and culture with Dana. I plan on visiting the museum, again when I comeback in May. Thank you, Dana! John N.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I visited the HPD Museum on 02/16/18. I found it to be extremely interesting. Along with seeing much of the history of the Honolulu Police Department, there was also a great deal of information on the history of Hawaii, and criminal law in Hawaii as a kingdom, territory and today as a state. Very interesting for the entire family. The tour was conducted by a very knowledgeable HPD Officer. You won’t be disappointed.

Date of experience: February 2018