Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Marina Hell

DO NOT STAY HERE

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Mar 2020
We had to change our booking last minute and ended up in this hell hole. When I booked online it was for room 2804. When we arrived we ended up in room 3504. I’ve attached photos. This place is a dump. We had stained towels, blood stains on the mattress, broken cupboards and filthy cutlery. For the first week the elevator worked then they turned it off due to high winds. Ironically the hotel in front of ours still has all of theirs running. Being on the 35th floor with bad knees and ankles and a partner who bodyboards climbing 35 floors was horrifying. It completely destroyed our holiday as our first trip to Hawaii and our first holiday as a couple. If you book this place your nuts!!! Whilst here we have tried many times to seek a refund through Airbnb but they are useless.
Date of stay: March 2020
    AU$295
8.2 km from Marina Tower Waikiki
Free parking
View more hotels in Honolulu
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 January 2020

Terrible place!!!! Don't rent here the elevators not workin!!! 0 elevators all the time and youll walk the stairs 30-40 floors! Cant park in loading zone they'll tow your car and not be responsible for it!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Liz K
Reviewed 19 January 2020

Why has this place not been shut down yet ?

The rooms are filthy, not only mine but also from the other guests I met on the stairways because none of the elevators where working.
The toilet bowl and shower, the floors and the bedding where very dirty and stained.
The sheet on top of the mattress had a blood and urine stain in the size of a dinner plate, than covered with another sheet.
The worst accommodation ever. I have traveled the world in economy and luxury places .Even third world countries showed more respect and pride to a traveler.

The elevator worked one time but kept on dropping between floors, it is outride dangerous.
I tried to get part of my money back but the management refused.

The location is the only good thing about this place.

5  Thank Cosmopolitan398708
Reviewed 13 January 2020 via mobile

We were in the Best Western on business during Christmas but needed another night's stay before our flight on the 28th and Best Western wasn't available. It would appear that the New Year is prime time to visit Hawaii. After searching TripAdvisor, I came across this place. I read reviews, good and bad, with the main complaint being the elevator. So, reluctantly, I booked it for the one night (not to mention, our $300+ price was cheaper than the almost $1000 price for other places - and there weren't that many choices). First, there is no early check in, even though instructions said you could ask. So, precisely at 4pm, we got in to our room. The TV was on (we figured that was because the remote didn't work most of the time). As I entered the door to the room, I noticed a cabinet door ajar. I went to shut it to keep from hitting my head upon entering. It was open because it wouldn't stay closed. Once we got in to the room, I put one of our bags on the bed. I've seen trampolines with less bounce. And throughout the night, every time one of us moved, it almost launched the other one. Needless to say, we got very little sleep. While looking the place over, I noticed the faucet in the shower leaked. Also, the first time we washed our hands in the bathroom sink, it became apparently clear that it was clogged. It took hours to drain. Also, when I went to throw something away, I discovered the cabinet door hiding the trash can in the "kitchenette" was loose and almost fell off (it was being held by one hinge). As for the elevator, I do believe I read reviews from a couple of years back with guests complaining about the elevator ( just how long doesn't take to fix an elevator?). When we checked in, there was one of the two elevators working, so, yes, we had a long wait. Thankfully, we had to leave before sunrise, so the elevator wasn't too much of a problem. Also, since we did leave before sunrise, we discovered that there are no lights in the tight, small parking garage, so you might want to make sure you have a flashlight. We stayed here because there were few choices, but I wonder if we would have been just as comfortable sleeping in our Jeep.

Date of stay: December 2019
5  Thank bitsmom_tn
Reviewed 11 January 2020

DO NOT BOOK THIS PROPERTY, it is a nightmare, elevators have been shutdown for our entire stay have to climb 38 floors in stairwell that is littered with garbage and urine, with no airflow. According to live in residents there is no budget or timeline to fix the elevators. Only plus side is the view if you have ocean view room, but that alone is not worth it, save yourself the headache and book elsewhere.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank phatguy
Reviewed 4 January 2020

The images I have attached pretty much sum it up. I am considering filling a formal complaint with the consumer protection of the state of Hawaii.

Here are some of the main issues we encountered:

Sheets, pillow cases, and towels were all heavily stained. I found nail clippings and hair on the sheet. Even the fridge had not been emptied! The toilet bowl was very dirty. The shower was moldy, and the shower drain was clogged.

I sent the same pictures I have accompanied with this review in an email and also a few text messages to their management, but have not received any response yet (a week after we checked out). We ended up calling them to just get clean sheets and towels.

We happened to be in the unit when someone finally showed up to replace the stained sheets and towels. The person struggled with finding clean sheets: He went through four sheets until he finally found a clean one. Even he himself was surprised!

We had not been told about the situation with the elevator (45 minute wait time as in the notice in one of the images). The building has two elevators and for a period during our stay both were down. We had to take the stairs. The unit we stayed at was on the 29th floor.

The broken door handles of the microwave and the fridge, and the use of two twin mattresses instead of a queen or king mattress (see the images) indicate how poorly maintained this place is. DO NOT BOOK WITH MARINA TOWER WAIKIKI!

Date of stay: December 2019