Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Michelle M
Maroochydore, Australia

Worst hotel I've ever stayed at

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Nov 2019via mobile
If you are thinking of staying here, think again.
It is the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in. We had prepaid this room and as they have no check in counter (not suprised as they would have a constant line up of people complaining) we had to check in on line. The following day we noticed that there had been approx 5 seperate chargers on my friends credit card from Marina Towers totalling over $1000. They are theives. We got our travel agent to try and sort this out and two weeks later we still are waiting to receive the full amount back as promised. When we arrived to the room on the 39th floor in the shaky glass elevator that only one of two were working we were so gutted to see the room was filth. The toilet hadn't been cleaned, there was hardly any toilet paper left on the roll, the shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Soap scum and mould everywhere.. The kitchen was a disgrace. The sheets were stained and the pillows were completely yellow 🤢. We had to arrange to have the room cleaned the following day. I've stayed in some older, basic hotels before but this was next level. We were then told that maybe our expectations were too high. Not sure that having a room cleaned before arrival is much of an expectation. We wore our shoes the whole time as we were scared to walk on the carpet, the lounge chair was also heavily stained. I was really looking forward to staying in Waikiki as it was my first time to Hawaii and this experience really ruined it for me. Since being home I have searched around and there are so many other options of places to stay for the same money we wasted on this place. So disappointed.
Date of stay: October 2019
    AU$1,068
    AU$1,165
1.3 km from Marina Tower Waikiki
View more hotels in Honolulu
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2019 via mobile

We unfortunately booked this hotel without first reading the reviews as I was in a bit of a rush at the time. I wish I had of read the reviews because I can tell you, they’re all true, it’s an awful place to stay and very very unorganised.

From the moment we arrived we had problems. Had to wait 4 hours before being let into our room even after emailing the hotel a week prior to our stay that we would be arriving at 8am and would like to check in early or at least drop our bags. There was nobody in sight and when I called the number for the hotel nobody answered. We luckily found a cleaner who stored our bags away for us and then we went for a walk to the nearby shopping centre and had to kill a few hours after our 11 hour flight.

Finally, we got into our room... I don’t think it has been updated since first being built, tiles were lifting, the carpet was heavily stained, bathroom was disgusting and the light in there did not work.

If you want to take the elevator to your room. Depending on what floor you’re staying on, it could take up to 40 mins to get there as only 1 elevator is in operation for the 40 odd floors. During the middle of our stay, even that elevator broke down and we had to walk up 15 levels each time to get to and from our hotel

When we checked out, we got to the airport and realised we had left our vape (e-cigarette) in our room. So I quickly emailed the hotel before our flight to let them know as room service would not yet have been into our room. I was hoping they could get it for us. I asked if they could post it and I would send them the money for postage or even just let us know if it is there and we would arrange pickup from a friend. Never heard back from them. Tried to call them, no answer.

Please, do yourself a favour and don’t make the same mistake that we did.... do not stay here!

Hopefully this review saves someone’s time.

3  Thank brenton32
Reviewed 22 October 2019 via mobile

I booked this place at the last minute as I didn’t account for the International Date Lune (were from Australia) and we needed 1 night’s accommodation before our hotel was expecting us. I booked the marina towers as it was nearby our other hotel.
What a terrible mistake!!
Check in was a nightmare - there is no reception and the confirmation email I received had the wrong dates on it so I replied advising of their mistake. By the time the replied with the correct dates we were already in transit. Our flight arrived at 8am however we were advised that our room wouldn’t be ready till 4pm. Thank goodness we were able to store our luggage for the next 8 hours. We said we would be happy to pay extra for early check in however I never received a reply to this request. Finally we were granted access to our room.
Positive - the room has an amazing view.
Negative - the room is VERY dated - but the worst thing is the bathroom!! See pictures of DIRT and MOULD!!! Yuk!!! DO NOT STAY IN IN ROOM 3702!!!!!

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank BribieGirl
Reviewed 29 September 2019

Do NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. May I suggest the Aqua Palms down the road around the same price much better hotel. Neither elevator worked and they had us on the 37th floor. I think not.... they’ve been working on them for months and have no ETA.

2  Thank whitneyrich27
Reviewed 27 September 2019

TNOe apartment in the tower was neat and clean and essentials were supplied, bedding, towels, shampoo, soap etc. The view was fantastic.
The apartment itself contained air conditioner. The AC unit was LOUD, we were supplied with earplugs. As there were no fans, it was definitely a requirement to have the AC on for cooling. If you are a light sleeper, do NOT stay here!
The window that opened contained NO child safety latches or barriers.
The ledge outside the window also had NO safety barrier. It would be easy for a toddler or child to climb out onto the ledge from an open window and accidentally step over the ledge and fall to the ground. This would also be the case for substance impacted adults. If you have yound children reconsider this location as an accommodation option.
One of the only two lifts was out of service, comments made by others suggested it may have been like that for months or years.
The wplromg ;oft bprle dpwm during out stay requiring it to be out of action fro several hours and occumpants needing to use the stairs to go up and down the 40 storey building.

Room tip: choose another location!
2  Thank crago5002001
Reviewed 22 September 2019

When we got here one elevator was working and today this morning we where waiting for it and it didn’t come and we went down the stairs and tonight we came back we saw people waiting and they said it’s stuck on the 17th flor for 30 mins and we had to walk up to the 31 first floor ether gives us our money back our fix the elevator.

Trip type: Travelled with family