“Cozy studio!”
other travellers have booked this property
Main room in studio (queen bed + twin-size futon)
View from studio window showing parking lot  and park across the street and Waikiki beach beyond. View of Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort across the street
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View of Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort across the street
View of the entry hall
Queen bed in the main living area--has great views!
Main area of studio wtih dining table, TV, and storage closet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lima, Peru
“Cozy studio!”
Reviewed 15 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

At first when I found this place on Trip Advisor i thought it was a joke. Nice view, really close to the beach and malls for such a good deal. I'm very satisfied with this studio! The owner Karon was really nice and answered all my questions (she was very patient with my questions since it was my first time going to Honolulu - thanks for that Karon!)

Waikiki is a really safe area and the building too (you had to have a especial key to get into the elevator). you get in no time everywhere! 06 blocks away (you can go walking) you have the mall where you can find everything plus some hula lessons and other stuff.
It was located almost in front of the Hilton Village Hotel and 03 blocks away the beach.
You have a nice beach view from the studio window.

The instructions to the apt and to grab the key were really clear. The studio has EVRYTHING! a little kitchen, oven, fridge, tableware, extra towels, extra pillows, extra sheets, an umbrella, boogie board and stuff to do scuba diving. Since i squeezed everything in my bag, my clothes were wrinkled: the apt have an iron!
It has good wi-fi and cable (well, you might not need it since you're in Hawaii but just in case) and you have a pool and washing machines in the (i don't remember the number of floor).
The park across the street still have a construction but you could barely hear noise so it wasn't a problem.
My flight back to the U.S. was the last day at 10pm and Karon let me stayed in the apt until I had to go to the airport (8pm) without charging me anything.

Definitely, it's an apt for max a couple (maybe 01 kid but you might be kind tight)

There was just only 02 things I didn't like:
1. There was a floor neighbor that yelled and cursed at someone a couple of times (02), thought he was rude. I was barely in the studio so I don't know if it was often.
2. The air conditioner worked good (mainteined the studio cold) but it was kinda dirty.

Besides that, everything was great!
I would definitely come back anytime soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: One of the floor's neighbors was really rude, yelling a couple of times. I was barely in the apt so it didn't bother that much.
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sammie365
Houston, Texas
“Good location”
Reviewed 20 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

It was located very close to the beach, and the property was very well equipped.
Parking, and entrance instruction was very helpful as well.

Travelling group: Other
907jennif...
Anchorage, Alaska
“I would absolutely book this vacation rental again.”
Reviewed 18 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

I decided to book this vacation rental, because of previous reviews specific to the location of the rental in Waikiki, the ease of accessing public transportation and walking, and the price. The reviews were accurate, and my experience exceeding my expectations. I traveled to Waikiki with my toddler and appreciated how easy it was to walk to the Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon. Considering I needed to carry beach toys, towels, and a beach bag, it was nice that walking to the Lagoon and beach was short. I also enjoyed the access to the 5th floor pool area. The vacation rental itself is very clean, offers a lot of amenities, and provides a great view of Ala Moana Blv and the surrounding area. There were beach towels available, scuba goggles and a board. There is a nice beach umbrella too. I packed very lightly for the trip, and was glad that I did. There is a lot available to you and there are 2 ABC stores within a very short walking distance. I highly recommend this vacation rental for anyone traveling to O'Ahu and wanting to stay in Waikiki.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the price!
Liked least: There is not a stove in the rental, but a hot plate. There are a microwave, coffee pot, toaster oven. In a studio, so no stove makes sense. However, if there had been a stove, I would have made a lot more meals. I do not own or use a microwave.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
pandanie
Pisa, Italy
“2 steps away form everything”
Reviewed 19 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

I'm very satisfied. My wife and I have had a wonderful 1-week vacation in Honolulu and this apartment was perfect for getting in no time to beaches, restaurants, waikiki hotels, shopping, and car rentals. The owner Karon was very kind and helpful with all our requests. Moreover, the building is safe and the guard is always there for any information. The view from the window is awesome. Just a bit small: better for couples or singles. Recommended.

Travelling group: Compagno/a
Your age range 35-49
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
msojones
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Dream Came True Visit with a Perfect Stay! Beautiful Studio Apt!”
Reviewed 16 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

First if you read my profile you will know a couple of things. I travel solo, my budget is tight and I have places on a list I just gotta see before I get to a point I can not travel! TripAdvisor has been a major resource for my research and I am so grateful for this platform that when I post, I want my reviews to be a benefit for others, so I might go on and on trying to make sure you get everything you need to know and a honest review from my point of view. I almost did not take this trip because after my daughter college bill came in, I had no money left and I am single mom. After going on TripAdvisor and finding this unit it became touchable again. My original option was $1200 just for 5 days. No way! This unit came way way below that but I was worried as to why such a good deal. By the way, my entire trip airfare and this unit priced under $1100.00 for a week, with activities! Don't TELL ME YOU CAN'T DO IT! STOP DREAMING ABOUT IT AND JUST DO IT! I DID and WOW!

Before renting this unit, I read all reviews for it and the area, that I could find. I googled everything in the area and even went to street view and did a mocked walk down the street. I did not know still what to expect because the price was so competitive and I had been blessed in the passed with rentals that were low and still good, but would this unit be the one that fool me?

Well....THIS WAS A DIAMOND 5 STAR RENTAL!

First.
Communication: The studio unit is in a residential building, which means owners live in this building and this is their home! The building has obvious normal wear and tear for its age, and carpet shows it as well. Owners smoke and do as they please at home, but the question was, how the actual rental unit was maintained and was it worth a stay for a week. Renting the unit was so affordable and easy to communicate with the owner. There was a quick response and I could tell she cared about me having a successful trip. Since I was traveling alone for my birthday and on a budget that was so tight there was no juice to squeeze from the turnip, the owner made it a priority to help me find all the free activities in the area during my stay, as well as coupons, for the others. She offered to make sure books were in the unit for my reading pleasure and provided me with all the details of the surrounding location of this unit. This unit was half the price of the Hilton hotel across the street even with my Hilton discount.

What You Get: A clean and well maintain unit that made me feel as though I was at home and not at a hotel or motel. It had a queen bed/couch and a twin bed/chair. There is not a balcony but the dining table (see picture) is located near an all window/glass wall with a view that is MORE THAN breathtaking. The unit had TV, Cable, WiFi, Dishes, Microwave and Toaster Oven, Mini Refrig, Dishes, some spices, and kitchen equipment. The bathroom was small, but just enough for a studio apartment. There was a boogie board, scuba equipment, umbrella, coupons and local activities books, linen for the twin bed/chair, an armoire to hang clothes with 2 drawers, table with 2 chairs, books, iron (hidden in a small decor box) and a small stool by door. Instead of a wall, you get an entire window that even opens up for fresh and the sounds of the city. There is no phone in this unit, but I use my cell phone anyways.

What you see: OMG! The city, the beach, the local area, rainbows when they appear, park, the trolleys, buses, and (just look at the pictures I am attaching)

Location: Across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village and a park, that made it easy for me to partake in the Free Friday Night Fireworks at Hilton, the many many different shops and restaurants, and entertainment activities with only walking across the street to the right of the front door (facing the beach).
To the Left of the front door with just a block walk to Kalakaua Avenue and make a right on that street and about block up you are at Tiffany and Company, Chanel, Gucci, all so many shops I can't mentioned. The Trump plaza and Waikiki post office, and more. Once in the shopping area, one street over, the Rolex store, Jimmy Choo, Macys, Waikiki Shopping centers, Forever 21, H&M, just to many dog gone shops to mentioned. Remind you, I walked to all these places within a few mins from the unit. AND AT THE END OF THESE SHOPPING STREETS ARE THE BEACH where I saw free Hula Shows near the Duke Statute, and took such beautiful photos. I even saw the Hawaii Five 0 season premier with the cast right on the beach! I could go one but if this is not enough (send me a question).

At the door of the condo is great food, I ate at Chef Chai at the street level of the condo, a seafood lobster all you can eat buffet restaurant, and deli and 2 priced right gift shops right by the downstairs entrance to condo. The park across the street is having construction and so is the Hilton, so i did hear the construction but was so taken by the view I didn't mind the construction. The construction affected where you cross the street, but there was plenty of crosswalks. There is also an McDonalds and Red Lobster to the right of the front door 2 blocks down and more shops and food options, still walking distance.

Transportation: I took the local trolley $2 to almost everywhere I went, and loved the open style transportation, and if it was raining, I took the local bus $2.50 but was limited in taking the pictures since it was an actual bus and had to take pictures though tinted windows. Both buses and trolleys have stops right near the entrance, and the coupons books (Oahu) in the room provided me with coupons for local shuttle transportation to the swap meet at the Aloha Stadium and Pearl Harbor and more, for $5 one way (a nice ride to see more of the local area)..I used speedi shuttle from airport to condo ($14 avg one way), but used a taxi back to ensure I got to airport on time due to all the stops they have to take since you are sharing the ride and i did not want to leave 2.5 hours early due to the stops. The local taxi cost me $28 one way from Condo to Airport and i was traveling alone.

Security: It is a residential unit and not brand new, but I saw security and hotel maintenance daily, working around the unit and keeping it up and they did not hesitate to help me know where to go and how things worked for the building. The garbage dumpster was directly across from elevator and that came in handy for me to know cause i dumped trashed each night and the staff gave me those tips. The key was easy to locate for checkin and security cameras in halls and elevators. To get on the elevator you need to use the elevator key (fob) and to press the floor you going to you have to use it again. No one trying to sneak on the property will get to far without both the key and the fob and the cameras are always watching.

Other Notes: (I've talked to much now but if this is helpful please mark it helpful so I will know for future purpose if I talked to much or need to talk more. but other notes..The pool and laundry facility is on the 5th floor and needs the fob to access and the view from there and the lounge chairs covered area to watch the view outside was so awesome! The washer and dryer are not coin operated but credit card operated and was easy to use. Near the condo are the ABC stores (on every block) and they carry your last minute, convenient store types items and gift items but can become pricey. You can take the bus or trolley down to the Ala Mona shopping area and directly behind the shopping center is a Walmart and Walgreens and got my household needs and snacks from there to save money and get out into the local area.

Side note about the moving around the city:
As you travel though the city, beware of hustlers trying to ask you for money ( some i am sure are in need and others might just need to stop hustling an get a job if they can) but some get pretty demanding and they work in pairs I noticed. This does not take away from the city because it is every state, but a note to beware so it will not surprise you. Even wheelchair homeless people who look very sad as you walk through the city and some just laying on the sidewalks sleeping and tired near the Ala Mona shopping area.

The Beach location is obvious and you have easy access for many points. You can go through the Hilton to the beach or any of the streets will end at the beach if you go in that direction.

Liked best: The Location and View
Liked least: The curtains in the unit
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing