Open today: 6:45 am - 4:00 pm

Book in advance
from
AU$235.78
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve
from AU$235.78
from AU$29.09
from AU$64.29
from AU$205.15
17,198 results
All reviews beautiful bay great place to snorkel snorkel gear coral reef beautiful fish low tide entrance fee shallow water marine life snorkeling experience parking lot was full parking spot nice beach north shore video turtles snorkelers
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2019

On our second full day on Oahu, our tour group went for a sightseeing trip around the island. This was one of our rest and photo stops. My wife wrote, "We stopped first at Hanauma Bay, where we used the WC [always important] then took pictures overlooking the beach, where we saw some snorkelers. There were interesting roosters and a bird that looked like a miniature (white) crane." Very photogenic beach.

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank psychprofessor
Reviewed 17 May 2019

The parking lot was full and we had to drive back and fourth for about 30 minutes to get into the parking lot. Then before we got tickets to get to the beach the park was closed due to high bacteria levels. Poor communications from staff.

1  Thank Ernie P
Reviewed 17 May 2019

This is the 3rd time I have a chance to visit Hanauma Bay. It is by far the best place I have ever been to for snorkeling. You literally walk a few feet from shore put on your mask and start swimming with the fishes ( not like in the Godfather!).

There are snorkels and masks available for rent, there is food available, there are lockers for rent. Parking is good but you better get there early.

One of the best spots to spend some quality time on Oahu. Great for kids and families.

1  Thank NVSoxFan
Reviewed 16 May 2019

Hanauma Bay is crowded often. We decided to go later instead of earlier. We arrived before 4:00 pm. After buying the tickets, you need to view a movie before you are allowed to go down to the bay.
The slope leading down to the bay is kind of steep. They have trams to take people up and down to the slope. Each way is $1.25. Handicaps ride for free. The price included unlimited rides.
They have snorkel rentals etc. at the beach area. There are two restrooms, one near the tram boarding place and one farther inland. There's of course also a place one can rinse off after getting out the water. That's not far from the tram loading place too.
They have free beach wheelchairs. I got one for my husband and also saw another lady got one. She's got a very strong guy to push her around I am a petite person and pushing my husband around took some efforts.
At one point, I pushed the wheelchair to the edge of the water. That was a mistake. Each wave would wash the sand away from underneath and the wheelchair kept sinking down further. By the time I realized it, I couldn't get him out of the sand any more. Thank god for all the strong guys around who came to the rescue.
I saw many people snorkeling and looked like they had a lot of fun. I hardly went into the water but even just standing in the water, I saw fish swimming by. The water was clear and warm, very comfortable. With the beach not too crowded, it was a very relaxing afternoon (sans the effort of trying to move my husband around.)

3  Thank visitortraveler
Reviewed 16 May 2019 via mobile

Hanauma Bay is a great place to go and snorkel. It’s a nature preserve so lets protect the reef by not using regular sunscreen use a type that is reef safe. You can exchange your sunscreen at the gift shop. You can see lots of beautiful fish and turtles.

1  Thank Pamela W