“The place to go for breakfast. Especially late morning when everywhere else is serving lunch.”

Eggs'n Things Waikiki Beach Eggspress
Ranked #301 of 2,580 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had been eating breakfast down the street at the IHOP until we found this place. Nothing wrong with IHOP, but Eggs 'N Things had it beat hands down!

Just like your favorite small town breakfast diner. Albeit set it in busy Waikiki. This place is your typical all American style breakfast. Pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, homefries, etc. Everything was delicious.

The bill for two was a slightly less than $30. A deal in Wakikik. It was actually cheaper than IHOP, too!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,998)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was billed as a spot that has the best breakfast on the Island. It was good. But, order wisely. Here’s, my breakdown:

First, we had at least a 20 minute wait to get in. You stand in a line on a stair case prior to ordering. That line seemed to drag on (uncomfortably) forever. When you get to the top of the stairs you have to order and pay before you are seated. That is an awkward set up, since I did not feel at liberty to add to my order once I was seated. I didn’t get my bacon because I didn’t order it up front .... it’s never good to be deprived of bacon ....

And speaking of the seating, there were about 15 tables in the entire restaurant. This is the reason for the awkward set up. They are trying to move tables quickly to compensate for the small venue.

I ordered an omelet and I didn’t really love it. The egg was almost rubbery in its consistency. The ingredients were very good. The ham was thick, fresh, and tasty. Same for the rest of the fillings. But, the egg was off and the salsa had way too much of something - I suspect cilantro.

However, my wife ordered a special. She had the French Toast covered in whipped creme and macadamia nuts. This was delicious. I mean, really really good. I’m not one for whipped creme on my breakfast, so I scraped it off the bites I tasted. But the French Toast was awesome! It was thick, included cinnamon, nuts, and apples. This was amongst the best breakfast items I’ve tasted.

The kids had a waffle and silver dollar pancakes. The waffle looked a little puny. It was not a thick Belgian waffle. It was about the width of a pancake and tasted just fine. Just not what I expected. The pancakes were very good.

The service was prompt and friendly. The atmosphere is amazing, as the front windows are open air and overlook the ocean. The venue is so small that most every seat has a great view of the ocean, which makes this place special. Stick to one of their specials and you’ll have a great meal.

1  Thank Steve W
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I visited this joint in early April in the middle of spring break. We noticed the long lines wrapping around the building the day before so wanted to check it out in the morning. Fortunately for us, we were jetlagged and woke up at 4 AM, so there was no line when we arrive at eggs N things at 6:30 AM. We were seated immediately and noticed in the menu there were much more items than just “eggs“.

We opted for the açai bowl and the strawberry pancakes. Fantastic choices! The restaurant is situated right in view of Waikiki Beach so we had a nice breeze from the ocean as we ate our breakfast.

This might be the preferred breakfast spot for us the rest of the week!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Average food but well do. Can have very long lines especially in the morning. Too much “butter “ on omelette. Nice staff

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I was so hungry when we ate her few that even if it had dead roaches in it, I would've eaten it. The menu does not offer many dietary options at all. Everything is super high in fat, sugar, sodium, and cholesterol. Take this pancake dish for example which is served with an entire can of whipped cream!!