We scheduled our trip almost a year in advance. After that there was suddenly several not so pleasant reviews that made us rethink the wisdom of staying here. That would have been a mistake!
Elevators: All 3 functioning and in great working order. Quiet and quick.
Check-In: Seamless and easy. Room ready when promised.
Room: Very clean and above average. Timeshare had several dishes, coffee pot with coffee and full condo-style kitchen. Had a portable landline phone with free local calls. A/C worked very well. 2 separate units kept the right room cool at the right time. Fantastic air flow through the room so that most of the time AC was not necessary except during the day. Bed above average comfortable. They were in the process of changing out some of the mattresses while we stayed there. Security was always there, and key was required to get to elevators.
Laundry: Way above average. Clean, reasonable and really good machines. Was another pleasant surprise.
Pool: Clean, with large deck and plenty of chairs all in good condition. Pool was crystal clear.
Gym: Near state of the art equipment all working and in great condition. Used a lot by residents, but always clean and uncrowded.
Cleanliness: 8 or 9 out of 10 overall. Facilities had been updated for an older facility.Nice artwork on walls.
Bus line was located right outside - extremely convenient.
Close to all shopping, both mall and flea market. Many restaurants within easy walking distance. View from our 19th floor towards the mountains yielded kayakers in the canal and a daily rainbow.
ADDITIONAL: WiMax wifi was available very inexpensively.
Very satisfied with stay. Would recommend and also stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location, Location, Location! Our Royal Kuhio spacious 1BR 1BA located in the heart of Waikiki directly across from the reknown Matteo's Italian Restaurant and Waikiki Trade Center. The Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center w/over 110 shops, restaurants and entertainment venues is only a two blocks away, and just beyond it is the famous Waikiki Beach. Our spacious rooms with partial ocean or mountain views come fully equipped with a complete kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Kuhio Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Kuhio Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Kuhio Resort Hawaii/Honolulu